• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Demands - please help

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fowden View Post
    Has anyone looked at suing these companies that you went with that claimed they were 100% HMRC compliant?
    Forget that. Most companies have already folded and any that haven't will be soon. In any case, any assurances you were given aren't worth the paper they are written on. None of this is covered by mis-selling regulations.

Concentrate on sorting out your own financial situation.
    Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 28 December 2016, 16:45.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      It might be worth talking to an Insolvency Practitioner. Our group (NTRT) have used this firm:
      It's definitely bloody worth it. Even if you have to pay a few hundred pounds for a consultation - you have to think of it as saving potentially tens of thousands to make sure the i's are dotted and t's are crossed so that HMRC can't get their mitts on your assets.

And DR is right above - forget about the scheme providers - focus your efforts on making sure your assets are sufficiently shielded.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
        It's definitely bloody worth it. Even if you have to pay a few hundred pounds for a consultation - you have to think of it as saving potentially tens of thousands to make sure the i's are dotted and t's are crossed so that HMRC can't get their mitts on your assets.

And DR is right above - forget about the scheme providers - focus your efforts on making sure your assets are sufficiently shielded.
        I think in terms of assets we are okay as all assets are in my name not my husbands, which is purely luck as I got excellent mortgage rates at the time through my company so its just my name on the house, and all savings are also in my name. So in terms of assets my husband has a car on rental that we have paid half off and that's it. No savings in his name and no mortgage ect.

Can it impact me anyway with us being married financially?

I will make sure we call tomorrow! Thanks for all your advance!

Comment

Before we contact an insolvency practitioner do we have to wait for an APN to be given? I thought non dotas schemes didn't get any APNS? Thanks

Comment

Before we contact an insolvency practitioner do we have to wait for an APN to be given? I thought non dotas schemes didn't get any APNS? Thanks
            Join Big Group and speak to Graham asap. If it's any consolation there's a lot of people in a similar position.

Comment

Non-Dota schemes should not recieve APNs.

Comment

I think in terms of assets we are okay as all assets are in my name not my husbands, which is purely luck as I got excellent mortgage rates at the time through my company so its just my name on the house, and all savings are also in my name. So in terms of assets my husband has a car on rental that we have paid half off and that's it. No savings in his name and no mortgage ect.
                Be careful making assumptions, this is a complex area with lots of pitfalls. Talk to an Insolvency Practitioner for peace of mind and to plan for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  Be careful making assumptions, this is a complex area with lots of pitfalls. Talk to an Insolvency Practitioner for peace of mind and to plan for the future.
                  Agree with this, especially the complex and pitfalls

The guys over here can be very helpful on planning for bankruptcy, mostly non judgmental but you might get the occasional jerk.

Beware of Beneficial Interest, who paid the deposit? who paid the mortgage?

Can it impact me anyway with us being married financially?
                  Do you have any accounts in joint name?
                  Last edited by Mouse007; 29 December 2016, 08:32. Reason: add further comments

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
                    Join Big Group and speak to Graham asap. If it's any consolation there's a lot of people in a similar position.
                    Thanks for that much appreciated my husband is contacting them today so I will make sure he asks for Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse007 View Post
                      Agree with this, especially the can be very helpful on planning for bankruptcy, mostly non judgmental but you might get the occasional jerk.

Beware of Beneficial Interest, who paid the deposit? who paid the mortgage?

Do you have any accounts in joint name?
                      I paid the deposit, and I pay the mortgage, we don't have any joint accounts either, just a savings account that is joint with nothing in it. But not sure how far they will go back as at one point we had 10k and we paid off our car with it.

My husband transfers 800 a month to me for childcare costs which he states childcare, but I will make sure we check with an insolvency practitioner.

If we don't get APNS how do HMRC ask for the money?

Sorry for all the stupid questions. Thanks to everyone for your support!

Comment

Working...
                      X