• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the 2019 Loan Charge?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been put out there so we need its lifecycle to progress and be updated on its progression into details that professionals can ponder and scrutinise - it can't be left hanging as far as I'm concerned as a psychological ploy. I'm not sure what the precedents are.

In my letter to Philip Hammond I made that point and will be following up with my MP come September if we are still in the dark. I think we're entitled to further particulars or a reason why there is a delay on the item - as affected parties.

Comment

Originally posted by needmorstuff View Post
      The Behavioural Insights Team – also known as the "Nudge Unit" - fantastic.
      Now "Behavioural Insights LTD.", a private outfit owned in part by the Government, employees, and...an EBT (you couldn't make this sh*t up, could you?).

They have a pretty impressive turnover for a start-up.
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Lol Behavioural Insights - an interesting way to make a living
        I'll be also asking my MP to ask a question about whether it is appropriate for the a public organisation to be paying for and using such methods.

Comment

Nada

A colleague of mine emailed the employment income team earlier this afternoon after we discussed it at lunch -

"Unfortunately we cannot confirm the date of the consultation at this time. However, we will write to advise you of this information when we are in a position to do so."

So impending looks unlikely

He will be following up in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
            Now "Behavioural Insights LTD.", a private outfit owned in part by the Government, employees, and...an EBT (you couldn't make this sh*t up, could you?).

They have a pretty impressive turnover for a start-up.
            Think you'll find that an EBT owns a decent chunk?
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              Think you'll find that an EBT owns a decent chunk?
              Yup, as per our post...
              Détails here for those interested:
              https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0...roup-structure

Comment

Time to dispose of all of your assets and declare yourself bankrupt

Comment

Originally posted by demby View Post
                  And move overseas

Comment

Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
                    And move overseas
                    But to where? Brazil might be a good option.

Comment

Originally posted by demby View Post
                      Probably an excellent option for those not planning on spending 10 more of their prime years on this cr*p. If you've got loans, there is a good chance that HMRC is not your no.1 creditor.

Comment

Working...
                      X