• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Consultation : Tackling Disguised Remuneration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Consultation : Tackling Disguised Remuneration

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...nsultation.pdf

At Budget 2016 the government announced a package of changes to tackle disguised remuneration avoidance schemes to ensure users of these arrangements pay their fair share of income tax and National Insurance contributions.

This technical consultation includes more detail on the changes the government will introduce in Finance Bill 2017. In order to provide as much detail as possible an early draft of the legislation has been included in the consultation document.

This consultation also includes details of proposals to tackle similar schemes used by the self-employed, and proposals to restrict the tax relief available to employers in connection with the use of these schemes.

The government would like to hear views from anyone who is affected by, or interested, in these changes. This includes both users and promoters of disguised remuneration schemes, as well as the accountancy and tax professions.

It's not a consultation, merely an opportunity to see of you can improve their opportunity to ensure your hanging is swift and proper.

Comment

The draft legislation reads like the ramblings of a mentally ill person.
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
        It's not legislation but a consultation document. I would agree, however, that its utterly unreadable and I'm happy to wade through things like that....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Which doesn't matter when the sanatorium houses parliament and the judiciary. Strange how they want to put beyond doubt how legislation was meant to work over a decade ago but only now can write the legislation as it supposedly should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            It's not legislation but a consultation document. I would agree, however, that its utterly unreadable and I'm happy to wade through things like that....
            It is draft legislation though...

Comment

Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
              Which doesn't matter when the sanatorium houses parliament and the judiciary. Strange how they want to put beyond doubt how legislation was meant to work over a decade ago but only now can write the legislation as it supposedly should have been.
              Plain good old revisionism.

How often does your Government lie to you?
              Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Plain good old revisionism.

How often does your Government lie to you?
                The sanatorium is full of liars I agree.

Comment

Im obviously a little slow on all this, I thought that the APN's were to claw back the tax and NI that should have been paid if I was in normal paid employment. So, what exactly does this proposed legislation do - seems to do the same does it not?

Can someone please explain to me in simple terms?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tomo1971 View Post
                    Im obviously a little slow on all this, I thought that the APN's were to claw back the tax and NI that should have been paid if I was in normal paid employment. So, what exactly does this proposed legislation do - seems to do the same does it not?

Can someone please explain to me in simple terms?

Thanks
                    An APN is a payment on account of a disputed liability.

The proposed legislation is an attempt to put that liability beyond dispute.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                    X