• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    On the first day of Christmas
    HMRC sent to me:
    an invalid APN

On the second day of Christmas
    HMRC sent to me:
    Two Follower notices
    and an invalid APN

On the third day of Christmas
    HMRC sent to me:
    Three French Hens
    Two Follower notices
    and an invalid APN

On the twelfth day of Christmas
    HMRC sent to me:
    Twelve False Accusations
    Eleven Debtors prisons
    Ten Lies to parliament
    Nine Bankruptcy Orders
    Eight Retrospective laws
    Seven Baliffs
    Six Inspectors lying
    Five home visits
    Four Harrassment phone calls
    Three French Hens
    Two Follower notices
    and an invalid APN
    If I may just go off topic from this serious topic, and indulge in a little frivolity for a moment. What are you doing with those 30 French Hens?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Dawn at Montpelier says Huitson's appeal is in February, and Montpelier's legal advice is that HMRC are acting illegally by issuing FNs.

They are very confident that the FNs will fall away.

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
        Dawn at Montpelier says Huitson's appeal is in February, and Montpelier's legal advice is that HMRC are acting illegally by issuing FNs.

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but if there was an appeal it would be appearing on the list at https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ister-of-cases and I can't see it listed on either list. Personally I would be going back to Dawn and asking for proof that that appeal exists as its not listed.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

That is probably what she is being told to say, but it is very misleading.

If you want to know the true state of the Huitson case, phone the Upper Tax Tribunal.

Comment

Originally posted by Loan Ranger View Post
            That is probably what she is being told to say, but it is very misleading.

If you want to know the true state of the Huitson case, phone the Upper Tax Tribunal.
            Do they have a phone number?

Can someone post the results of the phone call?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              If I may just go off topic from this serious topic, and indulge in a little frivolity for a moment. What are you doing with those 30 French Hens?
              CUK Christmas party food!

Comment

Ive broken my self imposed exile to clarify this for people. It can be a hard concept to grasp (took me a while in my appeal writing days) but when you think it through, you get there.

MP's position is this; They had permission to appeal to the Tribunal on Huitson but failed to actually make the appeal. Essentially all MP had to do within time was say 'We appeal' and relevant documentation to support our view will follow, within the statutory time limits.

They couldnt even do that simple task!

This means Huitson is now finalised and the case is no longer LIVE.

MP are now appealing the decision that their appeal was made outside the statutory time limits but there were good reasons for this.

Claiming they were overrun with work, letter got lost in the post and the like does not normally count as sufficient reason to allow an out of time appeal.

Legally, their appeal is NOT about the Huitson decision.

A late appeal has three elements;

First, are there good and proper reasons why the appeal was received outside the statutory time limits.

Second, are those reason sufficient for the late appeal to be treated as if made within the statutory time limits.

Third, if the first two elements are both satisfied, re visit the Huitson's case afresh and consider the arguments \ new evidence as if the original decision has not been made. In other words, the appeal doesnt just look at the case as it was at the end of the last appeal hearing, it looks at all the arguments and evidence again.

MP are playing fast and loose with this claim there is an 'appeal' in progress. There is, but it is not in connection with the position of Huitson unless and until the appeal on why they royally eff'd up submitting their late appeal has been decided.

MP told me over 10 years ago they were very confident of winning this whole DTA Scheme dispute that turned into BN66 and not to bother getting a CTD. Listen to them at your peril.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but if there was an appeal it would be appearing on the list at https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ister-of-cases and I can't see it listed on either list. Personally I would be going back to Dawn and asking for proof that that appeal exists as its not listed.
                  Alas its more complex than that!

I just called the UTTT tax tribunal admin office on 020 7612 9730 and I will repeat here what I was told. Feel free to call them to confirm.

Only appeals go on their website. In this case the appeal was "several months late". Effectively the appeal is out of time so the FTTT judgement stands.

However there is an appeal being heard to get an appeal. Those are never listed. The appeal for an appeal was turned down from paper submission. An oral hearing will be heard - however there is no date set yet. A date should be set in January.

I intend to call again in January.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    A very good post
                    To confirm, my post and BBs are essentially the same.

Comment

Thanks BB and BP.

So Dawn is not only telling porkies about the state of the appeal, but there isn't even anything scheduled for February.

Montpelier really have gone rotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X