• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    It was a blunder by all accounts.
    I don't buy it, reckon it was on purpose to kill the whole thing and limit further financial exposure.

Comment

Take your pick.

1) It was part of Montpelier's cunning plan.
      2) It was a balls up.
      3) They did it on purpose to end the appeal and save any further expense.
      4) The dog ate the application.
      Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 21 October 2016, 13:15.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
        I don't buy it, reckon it was on purpose to kill the whole thing and limit further financial exposure.
        They originally promised they would take it as far as the supreme court. Which they did - as far as the JR goes.

I hope they will do the same as far as tax tribunal process goes.

Comment

2) It was a balls up.
          That's what someone inside Montpelier let slip.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

DR - What impact does this have on the TAA happenings - if people start getting FNs etc.

Appreciate discussions are going on in a private forum, so don't disclose anything that HMRC don't already know.

And if you can't disclose anything at all, I understand.

Comment

Take your pick.

1) It was part of Montpelier's cunning plan.
              2) It was a balls up.
              3) They did it on purpose to end the appeal and save any further expense.
              4) The dog ate the application.
              I think it was 3. They can save financial expense, plus I think they're trying to screw us over like in their other scheme.
              I received a large letter from the robbers&Crooks. They don't even know that I paid my APN!!! So a standard extortion letter!
              With a the follower notice bit and NICs - yeah like I'll get a state pension or the NHS will exist in 5 years! We should all get a refund for NICS.
              They state that MP have lost as they appealed too late.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                That's what someone inside Montpelier let slip.
                Err...isn't it what they would prefer people to think?
                Imagine the furore if they had told everyone that they didn't appeal in order to cut their losses.
                Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                  Err...isn't it what they would prefer people to think?
                  Imagine the furore if they had told everyone that they didn't appeal in order to cut their losses.
                  WHS - of all the options laid out by DR - a cock-up is the best option to portray from a PR point of view - regardless of what the reality might have been.

Comment

According to HMRC, the time limit to appeal Huitson to the Upper Tax Tribunal (UTT) expired on 23 January 2016. It appears that Montpelier didn't submit the appeal until July 2016.

HMRC are issuing Follower Notices on the basis that the Huitson First Tier Tribunal was a final ruling. Montpelier dispute this because they have applied to the UTT for a late appeal which hasn't been decided yet.

Comment

Of course, you'll never know the truth. I feel it must be MP's corporate insurers who have funded this process. They'll only keep paying if there is a good chance of winning. The insurers may well have called time on the case. Just speculation on my part though.
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X