• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are incorrect in saying that WTT is not taking new members.

WTT is open, willing and able to help you with the notices you have (FN and STAR) but it will have to be as a personal client and not as a member of Big Group.

Big Group is closed and will reopen later in April.

Call us.

(Other advisers are available of course).
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by outofthesand View Post
      Hi,

I’m a newbie. History: I took on my 1st ever contract in 2006 and Reed agency referred me to DeGraaf and sold on the basis ‘it’s all been approved by HMRC’. I must have been guilty of naïvety I guess. I left scheme 2008. HMRC views DeGraaf the same scheme as MP, subject to the same rulings, I’ve had the same FN’s (issued January, deadline 11/4), and last week the new weird request (which at first glance appears to be the same thing again, deadline 6/4). MP scheme was much bigger than DeGraaf, their support dried up years ago & they no longer exist. I’ve been ploughing a lonely furrow for the past couple of years, but after the FN’s came in (which I didn’t understand then), I decided I needed advice, found this forum. I did try to sign up to WTT & NTRT - neither are taking new members as we know, so this forum is my only source of advice.

From what I’ve read, I think in my case it’s time to throw the towel in. But despite not owing vast sums, I can’t pay. I want to go down the LoR route to buy a little time.. However I have no idea what an LoR looks like, what sort of thing it says, what points I am supposed to be making. Can anyone offer any pointers here??

N.B. I’m not trying to be unfair like attempting to get hold of stuff for free that other people may have had to pay for, I’m just a normal guy who has no access to support (even the paid kind it appears - not that I can afford to anyway) and is hoping someone has a basic steer for what on earth it is I have to do, as i simply haven't a clue when it comes to writing an LoR.
      You have a good understanding of the situation. I have PMed you. Thanks to admin/mods for granting PM rights.

Comment

response to STAR4

Hi All,

Does anyone have any advice on how to respond to the STAR4 letters to hmrc we've received in the post ? I'm not getting a response from Montpelier.

I've only been apart of the Montpelier DTA scheme. If I sign "Part 3" on the form and send it back would that be sufficient to meet their (hmrc) requirements and end any further enquiries?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by samson View Post
          Hi All,

Does anyone have any advice on how to respond to the STAR4 letters to hmrc we've received in the post ? I'm not getting a response from Montpelier.

I've only been apart of the Montpelier DTA scheme. If I sign "Part 3" on the form and send it back would that be sufficient to meet their (hmrc) requirements and end any further enquiries?

thanks
          I have seen nothing yet - I will update you if I hear anything.

Have you asked on the STAR thread?

Comment

star4

thanks BrilloPad, I never knew there was such a thread I'll take a look

Comment

Representations in respot of APN's / FN

Received today HMRC responses - Montpellier representations all been rejected. No more representaions will be considered as statutory period is passed (90 days after receipt of original notice) - so basically THE END

Comment

Originally posted by MickyB View Post
                Received today HMRC responses - Montpellier representations all been rejected. No more representaions will be considered as statutory period is passed (90 days after receipt of original notice) - so basically THE END
                Sorry to hear that.

Have you passed it onto MP? What do they say to do?

Be very careful not to incur penalties....

Comment

Rejected representations

Originally posted by MickyB View Post
                  Same here. I'm assuming it's the end, though I'm sure Montp won't admit it.

What now:

1 Copy the letter to Montp for them to come up with a reply

or

2 Just pay up

I'm relatively fortunate in that I have a CTD which I think should cover my liability.

If taking option 2, should I inform Montp before or after settling with HMRC?

Comment

Originally posted by mossman View Post
                    Same here. I'm assuming it's the end, though I'm sure Montp won't admit it.

What now:

1 Copy the letter to Montp for them to come up with a reply

or

2 Just pay up

I'm relatively fortunate in that I have a CTD which I think should cover my liability.

If taking option 2, should I inform Montp before or after settling with HMRC?
                    I heard a rumour MP are launching a JR. There is a chance they could get an injunction stopping the penalties.

Personally I would wait until 1 week before the due date before settling. Also, I would not tell Montpelier anything. Just stop communicating with them.

DO NOT INCUR PENALTIES.

Comment

Communicating with Montp

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Also, I would not tell Montpelier anything. Just stop communicating with them.
                      Why?

Comment

Working...
                      X