• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOTAS scheme and Ltd. company in the same tax year - APN due shortly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOTAS scheme and Ltd. company in the same tax year - APN due shortly

Hi - I'm looking to speak to anyone that has received an APN for a tax year that they also changed over to Ltd. company . I've got one coming and I think the damage will be quite high due to my Ltd. company dividends.

Originally posted by difficulttimes View Post
    Hi - I'm looking to speak to anyone that has received an APN for a tax year that they also changed over to Ltd. company . I've got one coming and I think the damage will be quite high due to my Ltd. company dividends.
    I am not there yet either - I continued into a tax year for 4-5 months before going LTD. To be honest, I'm not sure that the HMRC will put that much effort into the APN - in fact, I'd be surprised even they bothered to notice the LTD company - they'll probably just assume all income was received through the "scheme" that tax year until you correct them.

Comment

Originally posted by difficulttimes View Post
      I switched part way through a year between an EBT and Ltd Co - although I have settled with HMRC so did not receive an APN. What I can say is that HMRC were treating the loan amounts as "other income".. so it's essentially.. your PAYE, your divs and then the other income.. if the PAYE+Divs put you over the higher tax threshold for that year, then the "other income" will all be at the higher rate (and should form a reasonable estimate of what the APN amount will be).

Comment

thanks both. That's what I thought as well.

Comment

Working...
        X