• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Significant errors in APN's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Significant errors in APN's

I have indeed had the horrible thud of 4 brown envelopes with APNs from 2011/12 through 2014/15 tax years from arrangements with Grange & Castlemaine / Avenue trusts. Yes in JR proceedings, no - cant pay being now a mum of 2 and no longer working in the city (work part time for a small local company). the latest APN to arrive for example claimed tax of £12k on giftaid payments of £61K - err my gift aid was £1k - check the comps very carefully as mine have been littered with errors - not just this example. I have one year which a previous overpayment of £17k was added to the apn amount, not deducted from... I am fighting as hard as I can but not looking forward to men in trenchcoats arriving on the doorstep

Originally posted by melbnic View Post
    I have indeed had the horrible thud of 4 brown envelopes with APNs from 2011/12 through 2014/15 tax years from arrangements with Grange & Castlemaine / Avenue trusts. Yes in JR proceedings, no - cant pay being now a mum of 2 and no longer working in the city (work part time for a small local company). the latest APN to arrive for example claimed tax of £12k on giftaid payments of £61K - err my gift aid was £1k - check the comps very carefully as mine have been littered with errors - not just this example. I have one year which a previous overpayment of £17k was added to the apn amount, not deducted from... I am fighting as hard as I can but not looking forward to men in trenchcoats arriving on the doorstep
    Sorry to hear... We all have similar stories. Unsurprising, as HMRC has zero ethics and will do everything they can to "maximize the amount of tax collected" (I kid you not - that's point no.1 in their business plan for 2016). When they get caught red-handed, they get off the hook by saying it was an "administrative error". One time is an error, two times is bad luck, 10 000 times.... you decide.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by melbnic View Post
      I'm sorry to hear what you're going through - have you joined (or considered joining) Big Group? Plenty of support there...?

Comment

Have you contacted the scheme providers? If they cannot help, can you join Big Group?

Feel free to PM if you want pointers in the right direction.

Try not to post anything else too personal. This board is full of trolls and they love misery to thrive on. CUK is a very useful place for people to meet up. For anything further you need to look to private forums elsewhere.

BP

Comment

Also, you might like to try the advanced search option in the top right of the page. Here is one sample thread I saw :-

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...questions.html

Also, do remember that besides the trolls, HMRC read these forums too. They once came to court with pages from CUK printed out as evidence!

Comment

From experience, I can say that the error rate for APN is perhaps 40%.

Check them carefully.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              From experience, I can say that the error rate for APN is perhaps 40%.
              And guess in what direction.

Yes..."errors".
              Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
              X