• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2019 tax charge - consultation preparation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheme vs Ltd

I reckon non-contractor joe public would liken it to Alien vs Predator.

All a bunch of tax dodgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Plenty of people could smell something "too good to be true" 10 years ago. http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-86-gross.html.
      You'll find there is a whole world of contracting our there, outside of the CUK microcosm. And that nor every contractor is an IT contractor.
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by SomeDude View Post
        Are you sure about "nothing to do with HMRC"? From reading his posts, my bet was on Behavioural Insights Team (the "Nudge Unit"), but they work for HMRC now, nudging contractors...
        Yep I know HMRC well (including many who work there in big data). I also know what atw does
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The infamous "Nudge Unit" is now a private contractor, owned in part by the Government, by employees, and...an EBT! (you couldn't make it up)
          Turnover of £4.8 million and profit of £1,4 million in its first period of trading. Not bad for a start-up.
          At these rates, I hope they are a tad more subtle than our resident troll.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Yep I know HMRC well (including many who work there in big data). I also know what atw does
            Shut up, I like getting compliments even if they are not true...

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
            At these rates, I hope they are a tad more subtle than our resident troll.
            Subtlety was never one of my strong points...
            Last edited by AtW; 18 May 2016, 12:44.

Comment

The infamous HMRC Nudge Unit. In any other walk of life they would be prosecuted for illegal witness intimidation during litigation.

It's no different than a criminal who is facing trial, sending his men round to intimidate the witness who is going to court to testify against him. The criminal doesn't wan't the witness to appear, so threatens, harasses and intimidates the witness, forcing them to withdraw from the court proceedings.

HMRC uses the nudge unit in much the same way to achieve the same outcome.

I'll state it again. If HMRC are so confident of their position, take a scheme to court and win. HMRC can then use existing powers to issue follower notices.
              The schemes that I am aware of are pushing HMRC for a litigation date. It is HMRC that are causing undue delay.
              HMRC are desperate to avoid litigation and will use any tactic to make scheme users settle before going to court. The 2019 tax charge announcement is just another tactic to avoid a hearing in a court of law.

What are HMRC so afraid of?....

Comment

As indicated earlier, Behavioural Insights Limited are a private contractor now. HMRC might be the one executing the strategy, but the contractor is designing it.
                Devising methods to push people to illness and suicide. What a noble line of work to be in
                Last edited by DotasScandal; 18 May 2016, 14:27.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                  As indicated earlier, Behavioural Insights Limited are a private contractor now. HMRC might be the one executing the strategy, but the contractor is designing it.
                  Devising methods to push people to illness and suicide. What a noble line of work to be in
                  People make mistakes, but being hung, drawn and quartered for a decision to trust what professional accountants advised, is nothing more than a descent into inhumanity.

It's a very depressing thought that people are playing literally with peoples lives.
                  http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

I'm unfortunately aware of a suicide directly related to enforcement of APN, not that they will care.

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
                      People make mistakes, but being hung, drawn and quartered for a decision to trust what professional accountants advised, is nothing more than a descent into inhumanity.
                      It's a very depressing thought that people are playing literally with peoples lives.
                      I'm pretty sure these guys will get themselves a nice Human Rights lawsuit in time. Mark my words.
                      "Nudging" is one thing, using behavioral psychology to wage PsyOps warfare on innocents is quite another. Psychological torture is a crime.

Comment

Working...
                      X