• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier & Newquay 10% loan repayment demands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im presuming you didnt pay up

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    It looks like Montpelier are screwing over other clients as well.

What a joke, cutting off support if you don't pay. What support?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post2238926

Personally, I hope they hurry up and go down the toilet.
    as you seem to still be alive and the wife didn't kill you

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
      Are BIG GROUP helping with this situation?

Is it worth joining?
      We at Big Group speak regularly with those representing contractors involved with Montpelier.

We have spoken with them on this matter and proposed a way forward. That proposal involved the taking of advice which would have incurred a fee. We offered to contribute part of the BG joining fee to that cost.

Even with that offer, it was not possible to bring together a big enough group to make the individual cost efficient.

For now, whilst Montpelier users are very welcome to join and take advantage of our knowledge and other services that the group offers, we are not active in this particular issue.

I suggest that if you are impacted by this, you contact Donkey Rhubarb who is better placed than me to give you the latest.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post

I suggest that if you are impacted by this, you contact Donkey Rhubarb who is better placed than me to give you the latest.
        http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post2066192
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

We at Big Group speak regularly with those representing contractors involved with Montpelier.

We have spoken with them on this matter and proposed a way forward. That proposal involved the taking of advice which would have incurred a fee. We offered to contribute part of the BG joining fee to that cost.

Even with that offer, it was not possible to bring together a big enough group to make the individual cost efficient.

For now, whilst Montpelier users are very welcome to join and take advantage of our knowledge and other services that the group offers, we are not active in this particular issue.

In consideration of your very valuable feedback I signed up this week. I sincerely hope others will follow.

I was under the impression that my joining fee would be used as described. However, I respect that you need a greater amount of people to join up.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
            In consideration of your very valuable feedback I signed up this week. I sincerely hope others will follow.

I was under the impression that my joining fee would be used as described. However, I respect that you need a greater amount of people to join up.
            And in the event the legal consultation goes ahead, you will indeed get a credit for the joining fee against the legal costs. We keep our promises.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Graham ...not everyone has had the loan demands so its still very early ...i would anticipate getting more mtm refugees along to big group to help fund advice in time .....apologies if we didnt immediately sign up for this ...many of us are still digesting the news from mtm tbh

Comment

Loan repayment demands - request to organise

There does not appear to be any group specifically set up to organise an coordinate rebuffing these loan repayment demands from a certain IOM scheme promoter yet!

(This is a separate issue to the looming HMRC attack on users of this very same scheme).

I'm guessing the few people who have mention receiving these demands is just the tip of the iceberg.

For me this would amount to me having to repay very large amounts of money as I suspect it would for many others.

Currently I have not yet received a demand, but I feel certain it will happen and when it does there is very short time ~30 days to act.

It makes sense to me that all involved with this type of scheme from this promoter should act together to get a professional legal opinion, sooner rather then later.

(It may well be too late for those on the 30 day clock, having already received a demand)

Of course this will take a bit of money and organisation to organise, the more people that club together the cheaper the cost.

I was hoping it might be possible to set up poll on this forum to gauge who would be interested in joining such a group, does anyone know how to go about that?

Personally I see this as extremely URGENT, even compared to the looming HMRC attack on the same scheme.

At the moment I feel all is lost unless we all club together and organise, for me it will be the end of everything.

Let me know what you thinking and if anyone else is worried ... please?

Thanks
                ooc
                ooc

Comment

More suitable thread?

Originally posted by Out Of Cash View Post
                  There does not appear to be any group specifically set up to organise an coordinate rebuffing these loan repayment demands from a certain IOM scheme promoter yet!

(This is a separate issue to the looming HMRC attack on users of this very same scheme).

I'm guessing the few people who have mention receiving these demands is just the tip of the iceberg.

For me this would amount to me having to repay very large amounts of money as I suspect it would for many others.

Currently I have not yet received a demand, but I feel certain it will happen and when it does there is very short time ~30 days to act.

It makes sense to me that all involved with this type of scheme from this promoter should act together to get a professional legal opinion, sooner rather then later.

(It may well be too late for those on the 30 day clock, having already received a demand)

Of course this will take a bit of money and organisation to organise, the more people that club together the cheaper the cost.

I was hoping it might be possible to set up poll on this forum to gauge who would be interested in joining such a group, does anyone know how to go about that?

Personally I see this as extremely URGENT, even compared to the looming HMRC attack on the same scheme.

At the moment I feel all is lost unless we all club together and organise, for me it will be the end of everything.

Let me know what you thinking and if anyone else is worried ... please?

Thanks
                  ooc

I'm thinking maybe there's a more suitable thread for this post .....

Does anyone know of a better thread for it?

Thanks
                  ooc
                  ooc

Comment

Post moved.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

And in the event the legal consultation goes ahead, you will indeed get a credit for the joining fee against the legal costs. We keep our promises.
                      Hi Graham,

Is that offer still open going forwards to people who join that are effected, if the legal consultation goes ahead?

Thanks
                      ooc
                      ooc

Comment

Working...
                      X