• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier & Newquay 10% loan repayment demands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS. it's a serious question because I'm supposed to repay them over £40,000 by tomorrow!

My other half says not on your life.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
      PS. it's a serious question because I'm supposed to repay them over £40,000 by tomorrow!

My other half says not on your life.
      Sorry, can't help as I'm not in your position. If you don't mind me asking, what have they said will happen if you don't pay on time, or at all for that matter ?
      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
        Sorry, can't help as I'm not in your position. If you don't mind me asking, what have they said will happen if you don't pay on time, or at all for that matter ?
        They've made vague references to "bad debt provision" and "legal action".

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
          They've made vague references to "bad debt provision" and "legal action".
          S**t....sorry to hear that. Certainly don't need providers turning on us as well as HMRC !!!
          STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Latest from Montpelier

They are now saying that if someone doesn't repay the 10% then the Trustees will recall all of their loans.

Their tone is getting increasingly threatening and bullying.

If they are in financial trouble, things must be desperate.
            Last edited by Loan Ranger; 15 April 2016, 08:45.

Comment

Recalling what is in effect 90% of someone's entire earnings for what may have been several years is unlikely to result in payment. Even the 10% would bankrupt many people.
              Last edited by Emmybeckmann; 15 April 2016, 09:10.

Comment

Are BIG GROUP helping with this situation?

Is it worth joining?

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
                  S**t....sorry to hear that. Certainly don't need providers turning on us as well as HMRC !!!
                  Well, I'm sure HMRC delight in this latest development. They were probably not hoping for that much.
                  Their plan was merely to make us turn against the providers.

This is not gonna end well.
                  Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                    Well, I'm sure HMRC delight in this latest development. They were probably not hoping for that much.
                    Their plan was merely to make us turn against the providers.

This is not gonna end well.
                    Yeah and I guess with the latest draft of legislation talking about possibly going after the employers first, will see the providers turn against us. Which seems to be starting to happen. Another HMRC tactic !!

Comment

It looks like Montpelier are screwing over other clients as well.

What a joke, cutting off support if you don't pay. What support?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post2238926

Personally, I hope they hurry up and go down the toilet.

Comment

Working...
                      X