• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier & Newquay 10% loan repayment demands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you really want to turn this thread into a debating chamber?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Would any of the 5, who have voted "above board", care to share their rationale?
      It's either a loan which needs to be repaid or it was a disguised remuneration - you can't have it both ways...

I voted totally above board to give you benefit of the doubt...

Comment

Just to add to the above, "state of Montpelier" posts, for those that don't know, I didn't, NW has said she was retrenched by Montpelier last year (see LinkedIn) and now works for the ministry of justice (curious). And while this is just speculation DB used to post a lot on FaceBook e.g. flash holidays, expensive villas, good times etc. this appears to have stopped last year, which I am guessing is an indication of sentiment at MP at the moment and by simple deduction the state of their finances.

As other's have said it seems 100% certain that the 10% will be taken as fees and also may instigate a chain of future demands that will be harder to refute as it seems paying 10% is effectively acknowledging a debt.

Apologies for re-stating the obvious its not new info I know but really can't be said enough for the benefit of the doubters! And HMRC have stated repay 100% not 10% so I doubt it's going to help come 2019.

Co-ordinated action and pooled info is the only way forward joint the Big Group for some peace of mind

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Do you really want to turn this thread into a debating chamber?
          +1000

CUK is a good place to gather people together and point them elsewhere. In this case Big Group.

CUK is public. Before posting, ask if you want HMRC or WG to read your post? Because both are.

Personally I am not on Big Group so if people want to PM me then feel free.

If anyone wants to debate the "morals", then start a thread in general. Or invite me to Bridgwater.....

Comment

Hi Brillopad I'm new to posting on this forum - how do we go about PM'ing you or others, is getting a PM some sort of moderator function?

Comment

Originally posted by Incredulous View Post
              Hi Brillopad I'm new to posting on this forum - how do we go about PM'ing you or others, is getting a PM some sort of moderator function?
              There's a minimum number of posts required (10?) or it can be manually enabled by Admin who has a life too. I'll "report" your post so that it's flagged, hopefully it will be spotted and enabled.
              Last edited by TykeMerc; 30 April 2016, 18:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Incredulous View Post
                Thanks for shouting me. You now have access to the PM system.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  Thanks for shouting me. You now have access to the PM system.
                  Thx. PM sent to Incredulous.

Comment

The trustees have demanded repayment of 10% of the loans stating that their intention is to return this to people in a tax efficient way.

A few people trust their intention (all above board). Most of us don't (questionable or scam).

People have already paid 10% to use this flunky scheme. My fear is, anyone who repays the 10%, will end up losing this as well.

I never thought I'd hear myself saying this but I would rather pay HMRC than Montpelier.

Comment

Originally posted by Loan Ranger View Post
                      The trustees have demanded repayment of 10% of the loans stating that their intention is to return this to people in a tax efficient way.

A few people trust their intention (all above board). Most of us don't (questionable or scam).

People have already paid 10% to use this flunky scheme. My fear is, anyone who repays the 10%, will end up losing this as well.

I never thought I'd hear myself saying this but I would rather pay HMRC than Montpelier.

Ditto - Im with you on that!

Joined BG. BG is the way forward.

Comment

Working...
                      X