• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thoughts on Cascade(etc) with Fighting Funds & Letters of Representation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
    They had informed their remaining clients.
    So just their remaining (presumingly active) clients? Would have thought non-active members be given heads up too. Are there any public posts on the subject?

What is the "potential bankruptcy support" group, how do I join?

Comment

I am more or less in the same situation (Although I was only in cascade for 1 year) I can't PM, could you please PM me.

Thanks.

Originally posted by johndalton View Post
      Feels like I'm blundering around in the dark a bit, so am just looking for what others are experiencing/doing.

Background: I was with Cascade for a period of about 4 years, and have now had an APN covering all those years. I'm also going through the fighting fund cascade had setup as part of the JR's.

We've just been informed cascade has now closed down, and I'm just not entirely sure what my best plan of action is - ie, should I trust that fighting fund, or maybe it won't make any difference.

I would love to know anyone in the same cascade boat, and their experiences (whether should stay with the fighting fund, or investigate WTT's BigGroup I've read a bit about for example (but not entirely sure what I get, other then perhaps access to a private forum)).

I'm also currently trying to get my letter of representation together to try and stop the APN (although I believe the end result will just be another 30 days stay of execution), but, I'm having a lot of difficulty with a plan of attack to calculate 4 years of the schemes income with a view of finding holes in their calculations. Is there any advice or resources I can use that anyone knows of?

All a bit of a mess

Comment

Shutting of cascade do not affect us in any way. All are part of associations which are going to FTT and handling JR. Cascade and others had put in initial money to fight and cascade role finished at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by dotassucks
          I have got the letter from HMRC as I used Eight Trust from Cascade, they have asked me to send total amount of non taxable receipts. Please let me know what I can do
          Join Big Group
          Many ex-Cascaders there. No one is going to discuss anything on here anymore. HMRC reads these forums.
          Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Which route did you go?

Originally posted by johndalton View Post
            Feels like I'm blundering around in the dark a bit, so am just looking for what others are experiencing/doing.

Background: I was with Cascade for a period of about 4 years, and have now had an APN covering all those years. I'm also going through the fighting fund cascade had setup as part of the JR's.

We've just been informed cascade has now closed down, and I'm just not entirely sure what my best plan of action is - ie, should I trust that fighting fund, or maybe it won't make any difference.

I would love to know anyone in the same cascade boat, and their experiences (whether should stay with the fighting fund, or investigate WTT's BigGroup I've read a bit about for example (but not entirely sure what I get, other then perhaps access to a private forum)).

I'm also currently trying to get my letter of representation together to try and stop the APN (although I believe the end result will just be another 30 days stay of execution), but, I'm having a lot of difficulty with a plan of attack to calculate 4 years of the schemes income with a view of finding holes in their calculations. Is there any advice or resources I can use that anyone knows of?

All a bit of a mess
            I am also ex-Cascade (only for 1 year) but have now received an APN. Interested to hear which route you went down, Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by whichwaytogo View Post
              I am also ex-Cascade (only for 1 year) but have now received an APN. Interested to hear which route you went down, Thanks.
              What is the latest for ex-Cascade members who cannot access the various fighting funds?
              Has anyone made their own representations to HMRC regarding the figures and grounds of the APN?

Comment

Originally posted by dmuk View Post
                What is the latest for ex-Cascade members who cannot access the various fighting funds?
                Has anyone made their own representations to HMRC regarding the figures and grounds of the APN?
                People have tried, without much success. Best advice is prepare to Pay the APN's if you can afford it, and think about settlement. Then BigGroup etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bigman View Post
                  People have tried, without much success. Best advice is prepare to Pay the APN's if you can afford it, and think about settlement. Then BigGroup etc.
                  I am assuming that pay the APN first is the recommended approach by Cascade/Hamilton/Penfolds fighting funds? And does this mean someone can or cannot later join BigGroup or another group?

What about making representation? Does one need to make any efforts to question the validity of the APN or has this ship also sailed?

Comment

And does this mean someone can or cannot later join BigGroup or another group?
                    Big Group is closed to new members temporarily.

What about making representation? Does one need to make any efforts to question the validity of the APN?
                    Some do happily bend over. Others do fight with all they've got.
                    No one can make that decision for you.
                    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Be clear that Big Group will reopen in April but you will not be able to take advantage of the plan we're pushing through now.

In the meantime, you can get advice from any number of advisers, professional or otherwise, and belonging to a fighting fund or otherwise, nobody can claim exclusivity.
                      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X