• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mercury Tax Group JR Ruling..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercury Tax Group JR Ruling..

Did anyone see this?
    HMRC wins accelerated payment judicial review | AccountingWEB

I'm a little confused as the judge says '“If a taxpayer is aggrieved by the issuance of the APN procedure he may seek judicial review of it, or, compel… HMRC to issue a closure notice within a specified period, upon which occurrence the normal rights of appeal are engaged.”

It also says that its the 3rd JR for an APN and I thought there was only the famous one.

I also thought all JRs are stayed until the Ingenious case is heard.

Regardless a common theme from the Judge..
    “Both the statutory framework and the internal procedures introduced by HMRC provide ample opportunity for addressees of APNs to make their views known comprehensively to the Revenue. There is nothing deficient or unfair in these arrangements which could, remotely, amount to a denial of a right of representation…

Originally posted by difficulttimes View Post
    There is nothing deficient or unfair in these arrangements which could, remotely, amount to a denial of a right of representation…
    *cough* separation of powers? *cough*
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Hey, it's the High Court right, don't expect any sense to come out of that.

Comment

Working...
      X