• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Scheme Enquiries: Network One

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network One

Hi all
    I am in the same position, lied to and totally deceived by Network one.... I am now subject to four tax enquiries and hmrc have opened investigations. I had to pay almost £7k for tax year 2011-2012 alone. I was shocked out of my mind and thought everything was proper and above broad. I used accountants for my tax returns as am hopeless with that sort of thing. All my previous so called employers as introduced by Network on endeavor, quantum blah blah. It seems to me Network One are a giant mafia....look at us all... I can't tell you the upset and distress.. for one year alone hmrc are now convinced I owe them £<mod snip -LOTS> . I am a social worker for gods sake ! I don't rent, sell or own any other property, have next to zilch pension, just no other income stream at all.....I live from my earnings alone.

Now made redundant as a locum I am close to penniless and can't claim any benefit having worked since age 16 ....what on earth is the government doing absolving these people of all responsibity for the deceit and grabbing us ? I can't believe this country is a democracy at all... oh and all the dodgy account linked to Network One. I have an email trail which clearly shows the trail of false promises made to us contractors. My life is ruined....I have nothing left...burnt out completely crying and stressed beyond belief. Now my husband has dumped me as can't cope with my state or the implications of hmrc
    Probably taking my home as I can't pay. Network One you have ruined many lives.....hang your heads in shame..

Comment

Please get in touch with WTT Consulting who can direct you to the CCR Group, who represent everyone who was involved with NW1, Endeavour etc. Don't let HMRC drive you into a state, get involved and defend yourselves! The group is there, the more members the stronger it will be.

Comment

HMRC And Network One

Hi all , I have also received a letter from HMRC demanding a large sum of money. Please can someone advise what they have done and I am supposed to do. Are we covered in anyway. Network one is no longer. Please can someone advise as I urgently need help.

Thanks

Comment

You need to get in touch with the CCR Group.

Their AGM is in fact next Monday.

Pm me and I'll send you details.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Network and HMRC

Hi - thanks for the information. How do I get in touch with them. Have they assisted you in resolving this issue. Are you in the same position. How can they help

Comment

Another Victim of the Network1/Endeavour Global/Quantam/tax4one Scheme

I was also Employed under Endeavour Global Consultants/Network 1/ Quantum. I got a Contract Role
              via My recruitment agency . They suggested I use Network one as my Umbrella Company and be employed via them just as if I was employed in regular company. I had no Idea I was meant to submit tax returns. But Basic ignorance in not an excuse according to the HMRC which is fair enough.

The below is what their linked in profile advertises:

Limited Company setup and its costs, COVERED!
              - No joining or leaving fees
              - Founded in 2007 with extensive knowledge of contractor pay
              - No PSL issues with your agency
              - Easier to negotiate contracts by having your own Limited Company
              - Our contractors take home an average of 17.74% more with Network One versus going it alone
              - The running of your limited will be taken care of
              - You still have full-time, permanent employee rights, benefits and protection
              - Same day pay payments via Faster Payments
              - A 100% legal PAYE based solution
              - Online access to your state of the art contract and invoicing portal 24/7
              - Rewards for your referrals
              - A transparent and compliant solution making the best use of your statutory allowances.
              - Umbrella company solution available
              - And much, much more!

Last Month I received a £2400 fine through the post from HMRC for not submitting my tax returns for 2014-2015 & 2015- 2016 - (I only worked for NW1 one 25 days into tax year 2015 earning less than £2000). HMRC claimed that I received untaxed income from my employment Endeavour Global Consultants/Network 1. I eventually managed to get hold of an email address.

They sent me payslips for the 9 months I contracted with them for. Does in fact look like a dodgy loan scheme that I really don't understand at all. I didn't want a loan I just wanted to pay the taxes I owed like as if in a regular employment. Hard lesson to learn for being ignorant. I have hired an accountant and disclosed all this to the HMRC. I have asked if I can pay by monthly instalments.

I have been fined £2400 but I have no idea how much I actually owe . I am too scared to find out. I have Broken off my engagement gave back my stunningly beautiful ring and cancelled my wedding plans. I have also cancelled my Trip to South Africa. Cest La Vie. I guess my whole Bonus will go towards these fines too. Ouch!!

Hopefully this will make me Stronger and Wiser.

Thanks.
              Last edited by Kezcollins; 28 October 2017, 08:48. Reason: I want to retract my old post

Comment

Originally posted by Kezcollins View Post
                Hi fellow Victims,

Feel like we should all join a support group.

I was also Employed under Endeavour Global Consultants/Network 1/ Quantum/Tax4one. I got a Contract Role at Shell Energy Trading via My recruitment agency Michael Bailey Associates. MAB gave me two options either I could open up my own Ltd Company or go through an Umbrella Company whom acts as your Employer . Unfortunately I chose to go through the below Umbrella company. I didn't want the hassle of hiring an accountant and submitting my tax on my own . I was terrible at accounting at school , it was my worst subject. HMRC Website is extremely difficult to navigate and not very user friendly AT ALL!

ww w.linkedin.com/in/networkoneltd/

Last Month I received a £2400 fine through the post from HMRC for not submitting my tax returns for 2014-2015 & 2015- 2016 and claiming that I received untaxed income from my employment Endeavour Global Consultants/Network 1/ Quantum/Tax4one. HMRC also send me records of my employment history including the amounts I earned and the amounts I was taxed. So the HMRC have proof that they were my employer and the fact that tax was deducted from my Salary. I phoned HMRC but they were very unhelpful. They said I need to submit self - assessment forms but I have no Idea why , they sent me the below link. None of this applies to me - https://www.gov.uk/self-assessment-t...d-a-tax-return

None of this applies to me.

HMRC have rejected my appeal. I have no idea why I have had to submit tax returns or what my untaxed income is. HMRC said that I was legally obligated to check that my employers had used the correct tax codes. I had no idea of this . I am not a lawyer.

This is causing me huge amounts of stress. I can't sleep at night, its affecting my work, I have lost my appetite, If any one could please help me. I have never been in trouble with the law ever. I am a good law abiding citizen and I don't know why this is happening to me . If the HMRC are investigating Endeavour Global Consultants/Network 1/ Quantum/Tax4one why are they fining us? They should be sending the fines to Endeavour Global Consultants/Network 1/ Quantum/Tax4one.

I URGENTLY need help .I am so stressed and worried, this is making me feel sick to my stomach.

Thanks.
                There is a support group.

It's called the CCR Group and if you pm me, I'll send a contact point.

You may also need to engage an adviser.

CCR is in touch with some advisers, otherwise I'm sure that the internet is helpful.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Is the only issue missing tax returns?

A long while ago, 2004, Mrs BP got a letter saying she had not submitted tax returns and had a month to pay up or get big fines. My accountant told me that if no tax was due then they could not levy fines.

I don't know if this is still the case. HMRC are right scum.....

Comment

In our experience, HMRC ask for "outstanding" tax returns and when these are submitted (and if they're late a fine is imposed), then an enquiry follows. HMRC has basically a year and quarter from submission to open an enquiry.

So it's very much the start of the process not the end.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Is the only issue missing tax returns?

A long while ago, 2004, Mrs BP got a letter saying she had not submitted tax returns and had a month to pay up or get big fines. My accountant told me that if no tax was due then they could not levy fines.

I don't know if this is still the case. HMRC are right scum.....
                      I think it used to be the case that a fine could not exceed tax owed so no tax owed = no fine, whereas now there is a fine for not submitting a tax return on time, if one is obliged to. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X