+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 105
  1. #21
    OMG
    OMG is offline

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    3
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Pls share what Network One issued

    If people have an official response from Network One could you please, please share it via a private message.

    The time is ticking and we have to make right decisions.

    I heard from NetOne earlier in the week and they said that they will be sending something out - so far I got nothing!

    Worried this will just drag...Pls share, we are all in the same boat. Thanks

  2. #22

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    17,605
    Thanks (Given)
    422
    Thanks (Received)
    855
    Likes (Given)
    3801
    Likes (Received)
    2466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OMG View Post
    If people have an official response from Network One could you please, please share it via a private message.

    The time is ticking and we have to make right decisions.

    I heard from NetOne earlier in the week and they said that they will be sending something out - so far I got nothing!

    Worried this will just drag...Pls share, we are all in the same boat. Thanks
    It might help if someone here sets up private Google Hangout, don't forget that this is a public forum.

    Ask for proof that the person wanting access is a Network One scheme user.

  3. #23

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webberg View Post
    do not miss the 30 day deadline waiting for network one
    My accountant is on the case with the appeal letter, have also just applied to join Big Group

  4. #24

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,448
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    55
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    190

    Default

    Being a nosey so and so, I have had a look at this companies website. I have to say, it all looks very plausible and there is no hint of any tax avoidance going on, at least not to a casual perusal. There is a brief mention of Jimmy Carr saying what he did was all legal and casts him as a kind of unknowing victim. It all looks very above board and could easily be taken as a bona fide brolly outfit. I think this kind of thing needs to be clamped down on instead of persecuting just the users.

  5. #25

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    306
    Thanks (Given)
    45
    Thanks (Received)
    18
    Likes (Given)
    209
    Likes (Received)
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Being a nosey so and so, I have had a look at this companies website. I have to say, it all looks very plausible and there is no hint of any tax avoidance going on, at least not to a casual perusal. There is a brief mention of Jimmy Carr saying what he did was all legal and casts him as a kind of unknowing victim. It all looks very above board and could easily be taken as a bona fide brolly outfit. I think this kind of thing needs to be clamped down on instead of persecuting just the users.
    Its totally unregulated and a terrible legacy of the past decade that government have been inactive in getting at the providers. The likes of AML are still operating so for how long after yesterdays budget?

    Even though some of us took professional advice from Accountants, we didn't know they were getting kick backs from the scheme providers.

    The end users are easy victims for HMRC.

  6. #26

    Contractor Among Contractors

    DotasScandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,118
    Thanks (Given)
    126
    Thanks (Received)
    109
    Likes (Given)
    1305
    Likes (Received)
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Being a nosey so and so, I have had a look at this companies website. I have to say, it all looks very plausible and there is no hint of any tax avoidance going on, at least not to a casual perusal. There is a brief mention of Jimmy Carr saying what he did was all legal and casts him as a kind of unknowing victim. It all looks very above board and could easily be taken as a bona fide brolly outfit. I think this kind of thing needs to be clamped down on instead of persecuting just the users.
    It's even worse than that: many Ltd contractors were scared into dissolving their company and moving onto a "scheme" BY THEIR OWN ACCOUNTANTS. It is easy to judge events of 2005 with the eyes and knowledge of 2016, but the reality is that in these days, IR35 created a panic that made thousands run into these structures in search of safety. No one is more to blame for the success of the "schemes" than HMRC themselves.

  7. #27

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,448
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    55
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DotasScandal View Post
    It's even worse than that: many Ltd contractors were scared into dissolving their company and moving onto a "scheme" BY THEIR OWN ACCOUNTANTS. It is easy to judge events of 2005 with the eyes and knowledge of 2016, but the reality is that in these days, IR35 created a panic that made thousands run into these structures in search of safety. No one is more to blame for the success of the "schemes" than HMRC themselves.
    yes, I'm aware of that. I started contracting shortly after IR35. I recall Brookson aggressively promoting their "IR35 fighting fund" when pushing their composite companies. Largely single handedly bringing about the MSC legislation into existence. The torrent of attacks hasn't diminished at all since. But I believe it wrong that scheme promoters can promote themselves as brolly companies. Something needs doing.

  8. #28

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,448
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    55
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LandRover View Post
    Its totally unregulated and a terrible legacy of the past decade that government have been inactive in getting at the providers. The likes of AML are still operating so for how long after yesterdays budget?

    Even though some of us took professional advice from Accountants, we didn't know they were getting kick backs from the scheme providers.

    The end users are easy victims for HMRC.
    I can understand AML still operating, they're offshore and outside UK jurisdiction. They seem like a very big outfit with lots of interests all registered at the same IoM address. AML being still around might just benefit some of their users fighting the HMRC attacks? On the other hand, Network One are based in Teesside up in the North East.

  9. #29

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default HMRC letter: Network One

    Hi,

    I have also received the brown envelope from HMRC.
    They say that I owe unpaid tax for year 2011-2012.

    I guess there must be others having the same problem.
    I have written to Network One and am waiting to hear from them.

    Please let's help each other by sharing any info or updates.
    We are all facing the same problem.

    Any help will be apreciated.

    Thanks

  10. #30

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    10
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Emi scheme!

    I too started with net one (quantum), in March 2011 and have received letter, during this tax year the umbrella operated an EMI share scheme which was a hmrc scheme! This is completely legal and backed by hmrc as its there own 'product'





    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie97 View Post
    Hi folks

    I stumbled on this forum when I was looking on the internet in a state of panic

    I hope this is the correct place for this.

    I have also received an income tax assessment for 2011 - 2012. I was contracting under a company called Network One.

    I was wondering if anyone else here used Network One and if they had received any information from them? I have been trying for two days and can't get a response to any e-mails or telephone calls.

    I have two weeks to respond to HMRC and have no idea what to do.

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.