• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Scheme Enquiries: Network One

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pls share what Network One issued

If people have an official response from Network One could you please, please share it via a private message.

The time is ticking and we have to make right decisions.

I heard from NetOne earlier in the week and they said that they will be sending something out - so far I got nothing!

Worried this will just drag...Pls share, we are all in the same boat. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by OMG View Post
      If people have an official response from Network One could you please, please share it via a private message.

The time is ticking and we have to make right decisions.

I heard from NetOne earlier in the week and they said that they will be sending something out - so far I got nothing!

Worried this will just drag...Pls share, we are all in the same boat. Thanks
      It might help if someone here sets up private Google Hangout, don't forget that this is a public forum.

Ask for proof that the person wanting access is a Network One scheme user.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        do not miss the 30 day deadline waiting for network one
        My accountant is on the case with the appeal letter, have also just applied to join Big Group

Comment

Being a nosey so and so, I have had a look at this companies website. I have to say, it all looks very plausible and there is no hint of any tax avoidance going on, at least not to a casual perusal. There is a brief mention of Jimmy Carr saying what he did was all legal and casts him as a kind of unknowing victim. It all looks very above board and could easily be taken as a bona fide brolly outfit. I think this kind of thing needs to be clamped down on instead of persecuting just the users.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            Being a nosey so and so, I have had a look at this companies website. I have to say, it all looks very plausible and there is no hint of any tax avoidance going on, at least not to a casual perusal. There is a brief mention of Jimmy Carr saying what he did was all legal and casts him as a kind of unknowing victim. It all looks very above board and could easily be taken as a bona fide brolly outfit. I think this kind of thing needs to be clamped down on instead of persecuting just the users.
            Its totally unregulated and a terrible legacy of the past decade that government have been inactive in getting at the providers. The likes of AML are still operating so for how long after yesterdays budget?

Even though some of us took professional advice from Accountants, we didn't know they were getting kick backs from the scheme providers.

The end users are easy victims for HMRC.
            http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              It's even worse than that: many Ltd contractors were scared into dissolving their company and moving onto a "scheme" BY THEIR OWN ACCOUNTANTS. It is easy to judge events of 2005 with the eyes and knowledge of 2016, but the reality is that in these days, IR35 created a panic that made thousands run into these structures in search of safety. No one is more to blame for the success of the "schemes" than HMRC themselves.
              Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                It's even worse than that: many Ltd contractors were scared into dissolving their company and moving onto a "scheme" BY THEIR OWN ACCOUNTANTS. It is easy to judge events of 2005 with the eyes and knowledge of 2016, but the reality is that in these days, IR35 created a panic that made thousands run into these structures in search of safety. No one is more to blame for the success of the "schemes" than HMRC themselves.
                yes, I'm aware of that. I started contracting shortly after IR35. I recall Brookson aggressively promoting their "IR35 fighting fund" when pushing their composite companies. Largely single handedly bringing about the MSC legislation into existence. The torrent of attacks hasn't diminished at all since. But I believe it wrong that scheme promoters can promote themselves as brolly companies. Something needs doing.

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
                  Its totally unregulated and a terrible legacy of the past decade that government have been inactive in getting at the providers. The likes of AML are still operating so for how long after yesterdays budget?

Even though some of us took professional advice from Accountants, we didn't know they were getting kick backs from the scheme providers.

The end users are easy victims for HMRC.
                  I can understand AML still operating, they're offshore and outside UK jurisdiction. They seem like a very big outfit with lots of interests all registered at the same IoM address. AML being still around might just benefit some of their users fighting the HMRC attacks? On the other hand, Network One are based in Teesside up in the North East.

Comment

HMRC letter: Network One

Hi,

I have also received the brown envelope from HMRC.
                    They say that I owe unpaid tax for year 2011-2012.

I guess there must be others having the same problem.
                    I have written to Network One and am waiting to hear from them.

Please let's help each other by sharing any info or updates.
                    We are all facing the same problem.

Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Emi scheme!

I too started with net one (quantum), in March 2011 and have received letter, during this tax year the umbrella operated an EMI share scheme which was a hmrc scheme! This is completely legal and backed by hmrc as its there own 'product'

Originally posted by Freddie97 View Post
                      Hi folks

I stumbled on this forum when I was looking on the internet in a state of panic

I hope this is the correct place for this.

I have also received an income tax assessment for 2011 - 2012. I was contracting under a company called Network One.

I was wondering if anyone else here used Network One and if they had received any information from them? I have been trying for two days and can't get a response to any e-mails or telephone calls.

I have two weeks to respond to HMRC and have no idea what to do.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X