• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What HMRC have wasted your APN on in January 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What HMRC have wasted your APN on in January 2016

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...0-january-2016

Those doing very well...
    CAPGEMINI - this months winners collecting nearly £43M
    CAPITA BUSINESS SERVICES LTD
    EQUAL EXPERTS UK LTD
    FUJITSU SERVICES LTD
    G4S INTEGRATED SERVICES (UK) LTD
    KCOM GROUP PLC
    MAPELEY STEPS CONTRACTOR LTD
    ORANGE BUS LTD
    ROYAL MAIL
    TNT UK LTD
    VODAFONE

Why, it's completely in line with the Government's policy:

* Britain is open for BIG Business ("we'll give them business, sweetheart deals and they'll give us handouts")
    * SMEs can ***** Off.
    * Contractors can ***** Off, pay their APNs and shoot themselves in the head when done.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

THE CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF TAXATION

Probably to brush up on what tax law is and where and how it applies.

Comment

And why not? They are accountable to no-one.

Comment

And This !!!! (Taken from another Forum)

Good old Lin Homer !!!!

HMRC's Lin Homer gulped Champagne in first class on US holiday | Daily Mail Online
          STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
            And This !!!! (Taken from another Forum)

Good old Lin Homer !!!!

HMRC's Lin Homer gulped Champagne in first class on US holiday | Daily Mail Online
            Not wanting to blow my cover as an HMRC insider (apparently) but what does how she spends her money on a personal holiday got to do with anything?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Not wanting to blow my cover as an HMRC insider (apparently) but what does how she spends her money on a personal holiday got to do with anything?
              It doesn't, but in the current climate and all the negative press HMRC has been getting lately, doesn't mean we have to like it especially when she will move on to another high paid job, despite her cocking up this one !!

Just another moan at the establishment I guess.
              STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

It doesn't per se, that's correct. But there is an image problem. "Adding insult to injury" comes to mind.
                If you are a highly-visible, highly-controversial public figure who's been recently responsible for highly controversial cost-cutting measures, if you have half a brain, you try to keep a low profile.
                It looks like Dame Disaster and hubby don't even have half a brain in between the two of them.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                  It doesn't per se, that's correct. But there is an image problem. "Adding insult to injury" comes to mind.
                  If you are a highly-visible, highly-controversial public figure who's been recently responsible for highly controversial cost-cutting measures, if you have half a brain, you try to keep a low profile.
                  It looks like Dame Disaster and hubby don't even have half a brain in between the two of them.
                  Put me in the half brain camp then. I'd be taking a bloody good holiday if I had to put up with the pressure she works under, self induced or not.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Put me in the half brain camp then. I'd be taking a bloody good holiday if I had to put up with the pressure she works under, self induced or not.
                    Oh, you can take a holiday. Plastering it over social media is optional, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X