• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What HMRC have wasted your APN on in January 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Put me in the half brain camp then. I'd be taking a bloody good holiday if I had to put up with the pressure she works under, self induced or not.
    I would love to replace the pressure she put me (and so many others) under with the "pressure she works under". Wouldn't mind to get knighted and earn what she earns either.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
      Oh, you can take a holiday. Plastering it over social media is optional, though.
      Ahh, I didn't know she'd done that. I thought it was the papers dragging it all up. Good point.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Not wanting to blow my cover as an HMRC insider (apparently) but what does how she spends her money on a personal holiday got to do with anything?
        The waiter forgot to put cyanide in the glass
        Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
        http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
          Why, it's completely in line with the Government's policy:

* Britain is open for BIG Business ("we'll give them business, sweetheart deals and they'll give us handouts")
          * SMEs can ***** Off.
          * Contractors can ***** Off, pay their APNs and shoot themselves in the head when done.
          Big outfits have been fighting against contractors for ages - the clients buy our services because (a) we're better at it and (b) we're a lot cheaper.

With Capita running governments contractors at very low rates (no-one wants to do it) they have opened the door to the Big Firms. All sounds like a well thought out ploy. There's a lot of ex-Accenture/McKinsey partners in government agencies pulling the strings.

The government needs to keep us just about alive so we can carry on working - as dividend tax is set to increase every year it makes saving difficult. They might pile on the pain with further tax demands, meaning you are effectively working for HMRC.
          And we thought this had been abolished in 1833
          Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
          http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
          X