• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Withdrawn APN scheme ref number withdrawn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdrawn APN scheme ref number withdrawn

Does anyone know the scheme reference number(s) for the Montpelier APN's that have been withdrawn ?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Many thanks
      Do you know if closure notices issued based on these APN's / Scheme reference number for the taxes / NI requested should be withdrawn on this basis. ie no tax to pay until they prove in court / tribunal ?

Comment

Originally posted by x7cro View Post
        Many thanks
        Do you know if closure notices issued based on these APN's / Scheme reference number for the taxes / NI requested should be withdrawn on this basis. ie no tax to pay until they prove in court / tribunal ?
        Unlikely to withdraw a closure notice as they are not connected to the APN process.

If a closure notice has been issued (and I don't know) then the dispute will proceed via the usual route to Tribunal.

If a closure notice has not been issued, then there is a period of discussion etc before a closure notice eventually is issued.

It's often a tactical decision for both HMRC and taxpayer as to who goes for the closure notice first.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Many thanks
          CNs are unaffected. MP going to appeal to UTTT on these.

Comment

If I have closure notices for 4 years, but 3 of those years I was in a different scheme to the one HMRC state on my letters. Is this grounds for appeal or dismissal of those 3 years and they should re-initiate any APN's / reviews ?

ie HMRC quote the Montpellier SRN on my 4 letters but I wasnt with Montpellier for 3 of them. Should those 3 have a different SRN or is the Montpellier one a cover all for all Isle of Man schemes ?

Is there anyway of finding out ?
            Last edited by x7cro; 29 January 2016, 10:08.

Comment

If I have closure notices for 4 years, but 3 of those years I was in a different scheme to the one HMRC state on my letters. Is this grounds for appeal or dismissal of those 3 years and they should re-initiate any APN's / reviews ?

ie HMRC quote the Montpellier SRN on my 4 letters but I wasnt with Montpellier for 3 of them. Should those 3 have a different SRN or is the Montpellier one a cover all for all Isle of Man schemes ?

Is there anyway of finding out ?
              HMRC are withdrawing all Montpelier APNs (SRN - 64863085), so I'm surprised you haven't heard from them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                HMRC are withdrawing all Montpelier APNs (SRN - 64863085), so I'm surprised you haven't heard from them yet.
                I have 4 APN's and 4 Closure notices with this scheme reference. While the APN's may get withdrawn the closure notices will not (even though in my mind the CN is off the back of a withdrawn APN now)

But for 3 of the 4 years I wasnt with MTM, so 3 of the APN's / CN's seem invalid as they are saying I was with MTM when I wasnt. So to a novice like myself it seems wrong they can ask me for tax based on calcs for a scheme I wasnt in. (although I was in similar scheme - just not the one they are saying)

Comment

I have 4 APN's and 4 Closure notices with this scheme reference. While the APN's may get withdrawn the closure notices will not (even though in my mind the CN is off the back of a withdrawn APN now)

But for 3 of the 4 years I wasnt with MTM, so 3 of the APN's / CN's seem invalid as they are saying I was with MTM when I wasnt. So to a novice like myself it seems wrong they can ask me for tax based on calcs for a scheme I wasnt in. (although I was in similar scheme - just not the one they are saying)
                  I have sent you a PM.

Comment

On the face of it, you have a decent case.

I see DR has asked you to PM and I'm sure he will be able to help.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                    X