• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC withdrawing 2,000 Montpelier APNs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creativity View Post
    Was Montpellier post 2011?

What's stopping HMRC issuing new APNs next year when non Dotas schemes are targeted....?

I would suggest highly likely...
    Pretty sure they were way before that even back to 2005?

Comment

The Montpelier scheme ran from 2001 to 2008.

In 2004, they registered it with DOTAS just to be on the safe side.

As is often the case, you don't get rewarded for being open, honest & transparent with HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        As is often the case, you don't get rewarded for being open, honest & transparent with HMRC.
        You do, however, get identified as a sucker whose honesty must be exploited for money extraction purposes.
        Which says much more about the "values" of the so-called elites than about you.

I wonder how many schemes got, ironically, registered merely "to be on the safe side".
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
          I wonder how many schemes got, ironically, registered merely "to be on the safe side".
          I bet HMRC aren't receiving many registrations now.

The schemes on the market now are probably the complete opposite of open, honest and transparent.

Comment

The schemes on the market now are probably the complete opposite of open, honest and transparent.
            They can't say they are HMRC "approved" though, and I bet that makes selling a tad more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              They can't say they are HMRC "approved" though, and I bet that makes selling a tad more difficult.
              There are still a few who will sign up. Astonishing given APNs.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                There are still a few who will sign up. Astonishing given APNs.
                What's really astonishing is that "scheme" providers are getting off totally free of any liability - civil and criminal.

Surely something could have been done on the basis that those schemes were possibly missold?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Not really, they're sold now as "fully compliant with UK tax law, supported by QC opinion". I suppose that is true, in the most part.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I bet HMRC aren't receiving many registrations now.

For sure, as I've commented before, if someone has £130k turnover, pays full PAYE on say £24k, then diverts the rest to a trust vehicle. What is the chance of being caught? Not even any requirement to fill in self assessment return as far as I can see. Must be less than 1% chance of ever being questioned.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                      Not really, they're sold now as "fully compliant with UK tax law, supported by QC opinion". I suppose that is true, in the most part.
                      Not in the same league with "HMRC approved and here is the unique scheme registration number that you can validate with HMRC"

Comment

Working...
                      X