• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Late Payment Notice -APN

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    For the record, I am not of the opinion that there is one or more bands of HMRC officers involved in the day to day grind who have decided, on their own initiative, to deliberately cause taxpayers worry and angst.

I am of the opinion that there are cohorts of policy makers and those who are responsible for executing that policy who deliver instructions to the above groups which often are unfair and designed to cause worry and angst as part of a deliberate campaign.

This combined with the inevitable errors in administration when you deal with millions of actions, is a problem.

I am also convinced that there are some in HMRC and in the groups that set HMRC policy, who are driven by motives that result in some of the uncaring and frankly dangerous to health decisions we have seen in the past year. These people justify their actions by quoting "fairness to all" and "all to be treated equally". Their benchmark though is an impossibly prescient person who foresaw 10 years ago the situation today and moved to prevent it.

This group lives their business life in a permanent state of hindsight and whilst they may describe their motives as above, I fear that petty minded envy and personal inadequacy play an equal part.

Thank you for listening

No planning gone into the actual task of administering APNs, no thought as to people having multiple demands within months of each other. No "realism" that people don't have thousands stuffed under their mattresses.

lol, it's tragic...just like the Iraq war, bomb the crap out out of the Country and no planning for afterwards...lets bomb the crap out of dirty tax avoiders, and no planning for the consequences, and I have no doubt there will be tragic stories that come from how HMRC have handled this.
    http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Working...
    X