• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Death of Grass

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You won't find many contractors on CUK, operating through a ltd co, openly admitting to tax avoidance.

There's always some other reason given for incorporation. Never tax.

Which is odd because every contractor, I've ever worked alongside, used a ltd co to maximise take-home pay. (Perhaps it was just the places I worked )

That's why IR35 caused caused so much consternation.

And, by the way, in case anyone has forgotten, IR35 was anti-avoidance legislation.

Comment

Unfortunately hindsight is always 20:20 and a lot of people remember the good advice they gave in the past and how they would never stoop to "tax planning" but rather were joyful that the elected politicians were able to spend their money on their modest expenses.

I've been working in tax planning/mitigation/avoidance [insert as your mood takes you] for a long time and have met people who have presented me, at the slightest invitation, with a myriad of reasons as to why they did it. I've learnt that a) the reasons all make sense to the individual and b) it's none of my business and I'm not here to judge.

I wonder how those who do would react if tax rates were 60%? Does planning become more acceptable if the share the Government takes is seen as unfair?

I agree with the NTRT comments and people. It's an object lesson in how to run a campaign and is to a large degree the inspiration behind Big Group. All those involved deserve recognition, especially if the latest move is successful.

As for us, we do our best.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

The Chairman and Donkey Rhubarb are my heroes.
        You guys ROCK!
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
        X