• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has a case against any DOTAS scheme been heard in court?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has a case against any DOTAS scheme been heard in court?

In the process of contacting my MP regarding the whole DOTAS/APN mess and while I'm pretty certain none of the arrangements I have worked through have been tested in court, I was wondering if any others have - does anyone know?

Sorry, can't answer your question but just want to say good luck and glad to hear others are doing this. All I would say is drum home your personal circumstances as well, to ensure you get him/her engaged to what this legislation is doing to people and their lives. Do not let him/her get away with feeding you the cock and bull template that will certainly come from your MP via Gauke.

Oh and would be good to mention the meeting BG had with Damien Hinds !!!!! I know I will be in my follow up meet !!!
    Last edited by regron; 28 July 2015, 14:07. Reason: adding additional sentance
    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
      Sorry, can't answer your question but just want to say good luck and glad to hear others are doing this. All I would say is drum home your personal circumstances as well, to ensure you get him/her engaged to what this legislation is doing to people and their lives. Do not let him/her get away with feeding you the cock and bull template that will certainly come from your MP via Gauke.

Oh and would be good to mention the meeting BG had with Damien Hinds !!!!! I know I will be in my follow up meet !!!
      This. Make it personal. Make it his problem as much as your problem.
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by nickersan View Post
        I was wondering if any others have - does anyone know?
        Nothing to do with contractors, but Gemsupa Ltd is an FTT case about a DOTAS registered scheme.

Comment

The FTT and UTT listings don't particularly lend themselves to sorting by DOTAS SRN. I could do a manual search I suppose or go to some less official indices. I'll have a look.

There have been a few hearings that have considered issues like discovery, penalty, etc where a DOTAS number is in evidence.

I'm not sure if the SHIPS schemes were DOTAS registered?

Perhaps a FoI request might be easier?
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
            The FTT and UTT listings don't particularly lend themselves to sorting by DOTAS SRN. I could do a manual search I suppose or go to some less official indices. I'll have a look.

There have been a few hearings that have considered issues like discovery, penalty, etc where a DOTAS number is in evidence.

Perhaps a FoI request might be easier?
            Freedom Of Information request sent - if nothing else, it will be interesting to see the data...

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              The Charlton/Corfield case was related to a SHIPS scheme and that had a DOTAS SRN. That case was about discovery though and didn't test the legality of the actual DOTAS scheme, but wasn't the Drummond ruling the one that knocked SHIPS schemes into the ether?

Comment

Working...
              X