• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How easy is it to find out the tax arrangements of MPs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
    I like your style! Count me in.
    Never saying no to shining some sunglight onto these hypocritical vampires.
    +1
    Fight back - Join the Big Group Campaign

Comment

Private detectives aren't that expensive.

BIG GROUP = THINK BIG

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        Private detectives aren't that expensive.
        Lol

I know this isn't a popularity contest but the only danger I see with outing those in charge is that we then become tarred with the same brush and what little public support we may have goes out the window?!?

Unless we know we'll never get any peace from all this so we're taking as many down with us as we can...

Comment

MPs exemption

There is also this from a few years ago...

The Chartered Institute of Taxation | Media and Politics | MPs, tax avoidance and sub-clause 554E (8) of the Finance Bill

...where a cluase in the Finance Bill specifically exempts MPs from the terms of the disguised remuneration clampdown

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            Lol

I know this isn't a popularity contest but the only danger I see with outing those in charge is that we then become tarred with the same brush and what little public support we may have goes out the window?!?

Unless we know we'll never get any peace from all this so we're taking as many down with us as we can...
            If you dig up dirt on politicians, the press will be far more interested in this than anything you did or your motives for outing them.

I spoke to a Sunday Times reporter a few years ago about our scheme and the retrospective legislation. All he was interested in was whether anyone famous had used the scheme. Once he realised it was just a bunch of nobodies he couldn't get rid of me fast enough.

Comment

MercladUK, DonkeyRhubarb - Are you guys psychic ?

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              If you dig up dirt on politicians, the press will be far more interested in this than anything you did or your motives for outing them.
              From the front page article in the Times today (Wednesday 29th April):

Labour chief given £1.5m shares from tax haven

"Labour's fiercest critic of tax avoidence and 'secretive' offshore funds has received more than £1.5 million in shares from the tax haven of Liechtenstein. The money came through a controversial scheme that lets wealthy Britons move undeclared assets back to the UK without facing criminal action."

"Margaret Hodge, who made her name taking on tax avoiders as head of the Public Accounts Committee, was among the beneficiaries in 2011 of the winding-up of a Liechtenstein trust that held shares in the private steel-trading business set up by her father."

"The veteran Labour MP ... has repeatedly attacked big businesses and bankers who used offshore arrangements, but has never declared that she benefited from an offshore trust"

(From the "Analysis" on Page 4):

"The former Islington council leader who became Labour MP for Dagenham in 1994 has made more than a few enemies in her career in politics. ... She faces an intense battle to maintain her position".

My opinions:
              (a) Excellent - let's wish her all the success she deserves in her 'battle', and
              (b) Now what's that word that I'm trying to remember ? Hippocampus ? Hyperchromasia ? That it - HYPOCRITE !!
              "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

Comment

What we all new about Hodge the hypocrit

STEPHEN POLLARD: Margaret Hodge

Comment

Originally posted by Not Losing Any Sleep View Post
                  I can't say that shocks me in the slightest, but then I don't have a lot of respect for Politicians and I expect nothing other than corruption and hypocrisy from any of them.

Comment

Working...
                  X