• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golddustz147 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I Was not counting my chickens and realized my time against delaying payment to HMRC was coming to an end. I

<SNIP>>

Best advice is to deal with HRMC directly and arrange a decent affordable repayment plan scheduled before all the tax continues to mount up on payments etc. I ended up taking on a bank loan to pay HMRC in one final lump sum..... The offshore schemes have dominated my life the last 5 years.... It had to come to an end.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL - but remember its just a matter of time and you are all just delaying the inevitable.. Viz paying HMRC !
    Err counting chickens?
    '...tax continues to mount up on payments...'?

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes. Blindly assuming anything about the end game of any of this is foolish. Don't negotiate with HMRC directly - even they aren't sure how much you owe and may come back for more.

Get advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Golddustz147 View Post
      Hi Guys,

Best advice is to deal with HRMC directly and arrange a decent affordable repayment plan scheduled before all the tax continues to mount up on payments etc. I ended up taking on a bank loan to pay HMRC in one final lump sum..... The offshore schemes have dominated my life the last 5 years.... It had to come to an end.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL - but remember its just a matter of time and you are all just delaying the inevitable.. Viz paying HMRC !
      Blimey., that's a bit defeatist. You should get a job with Behavoural Insights Ltd once this is all over.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownOwl View Post
        Blimey., that's a bit defeatist.
        I disagree. Since 2008, when retrospection was made legal, HMRC have added lots more weapons to their armoury. APNs. Taking alleged monies owed directly from bank accounts. Harassing agents. PS changes.

To fight them you need alot of money. So you either have to be very rich or form a group. Getting contractors together is like herding cats. The only people that have done it so far are the unnamed group and big group. HMRC have unlimited funds to fight. Even if you win, it will take many years and alot of money.

If you really want to fight, pay up the APNs and let big group work their magic. You might get a result. However at least things can't get worse.

Comment

Closure Notice

I received an email from AML yesterday requesting that they submit a closure notice for 13/14 and 14/15. Their recommendation is go with the submission but I really don't understand the steps or outcome if the closure notice is not submitted.

Can anyone share any insight or direction to the process?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobo View Post
            I received an email from AML yesterday requesting that they submit a closure notice for 13/14 and 14/15. Their recommendation is go with the submission but I really don't understand the steps or outcome if the closure notice is not submitted.

Can anyone share any insight or direction to the process?
            Originally posted by webberg View Post
            The post above, one of several in a similar vein made by the poster, I have responded to elsewhere.

To my knowledge the poster is not (yet) a member of Big Group.

We (Big Group) have seen the AML notice and we have provided information on that to our members.

Elsewhere in these threads I have addressed some of the factual issues that arise from that notice and have tried to bring some balance to some of the more extreme conclusions that appear to have been drawn from what is a pretty sensible note explaining matters quite clearly.

Otherwise, I suggest that if you have the notice and are unclear as to what it means, then contact the AML email given and/or seek your own advice.

Speculating as to the consequences is not helpful.
            HTH

Comment

Check of Self Assesement

I've just received the 'Check of Self Assessment tax returm - year ended 5 april 2015' from HMRC this morning. I googled immediately and came accross a couple of forums where I have read many posts and probably got even more confused.

I have found references to the Big Group and actually phoned them up , spoke to a very helpful lady and filled in an application to join.

I suppose the immediate question I have to ask is has anyone actually paid HMRC any money they have demanded? How should I respond to the letter. Ive seen forum members advocate ignoring them, other members say don't ignore etc. It really seems a minefield.

I'm happy to join the 'Big Group' as I feel collectively it is better to fight this than as individuals.

But I am very worried.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stollmeister View Post
                I've just received the 'Check of Self Assessment tax returm - year ended 5 april 2015' from HMRC this morning. I googled immediately and came accross a couple of forums where I have read many posts and probably got even more confused.

I have found references to the Big Group and actually phoned them up , spoke to a very helpful lady and filled in an application to join.

I suppose the immediate question I have to ask is has anyone actually paid HMRC any money they have demanded? How should I respond to the letter. Ive seen forum members advocate ignoring them, other members say don't ignore etc. It really seems a minefield.

I'm happy to join the 'Big Group' as I feel collectively it is better to fight this than as individuals.

But I am very worried.

thanks
                There are many in the same boat so *try* not to get worried.

Which scheme were you with? Have you spoken to the scheme provider?

Comment

Self Assessment compliance letter received.

Hi all,

I've received a SA compliance letter for the year I was with IQ Contracts. Looking into joining Big Group/calling their number tomorrow.

Admin - can you please grant me PM rights?

Many thanks

Comment

Check of Self Assesement

Thanks brillopad,
                    I was with IQ contracts until only recently. I haven't contacted them but from looking through the forums contacting them seems pretty pointless as they offer no help.

I guess I just need to wait until hmrc send me a demand.

Practically, once I receive such a demand which I am expecting will big group wtt be able to deal with hmrc on my behalf (for a fee of course) and stall them?

Comment

BIG GROUP

Stollmeister, good question. I'd be interested know if Big Group can handle the correspondence with HMRC. I have an accountant currently but really think more specialized advice would be needed.

The IQ Contracts website is not longer available so that line of communication has been scuppered.

Comment

Working...
                      X