• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, Big Group is separate from WTT. Big Group is seeking resolution and closed earlier this year and will reopen later in April. We are still considering the terms of that new version.

Second, WTT offers tax advice to contractors (as do lots of others - look at the banners around this forum)

Third, HMRC claim that any arrangement that is anything other than a full repayment of the loan in cash - and that cash does not find its way back to you - is likely to be within the anti avoidance provisions of the 2019 charge.

I think I know the arrangements referred to and I have an opinion but I suggest that you need to take their suggestion to an adviser BEFORE signing up.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hi can I have PM rights please, I recently received an APN letter..

Comment

Originally posted by Jr12 View Post
        Hi can I have PM rights please, I recently received an APN letter..
        Please be aware that Big Group is NOT a place where APN's get dealt with.

Big Group is a collective of people seeking settlement.

If you have an APN that is a personal matter and my advice is that you get advice.

WTT advises Big Group. Look around this page - plenty of others who are active in this space.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Looking to join Big Group when it reopens, webberg.

I guess I'm also one of the missing 30,000.

Comment

I thought that Big Group reopened today? The website says it's still closed for new members.

Comment

Originally posted by Daley View Post
              I thought that Big Group reopened today? The website says it's still closed for new members.
              Think webberg has previously said that it'll open again towards the end of April.

Comment

Big Group is being prepared and will be reopening once we are confident that it has something to offer.

I'm guessing in about two weeks.

Thanks for you patience.

(No, me neither).

Comment

WTT Big Group reopens 2nd May 2017.

The joining fee has a modest increase from £160 to £200 VAT inclusive.

Monthly fees remain at £18.

There will be a description of what it is, hopes to achieve, by when on our website prior to the above date.

Thank you.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by masfg View Post
                    Evening. I can't join big group till April and aware there's some folks on the private boards there with lutea. Getting emails now from an accounting firm (assoc to original scheme) with deadline before big reopens. I don't want to say a lot here but can someone who has access and knows what I'm referring too please PM me and give me the lowdown?
                    Thanks
                    I am in the same boat, I was with Lutea for a good few years and would like anyone to PM me and give me their views on the emails received from the accountancy firms. I have done some research and still not clear

Comment

Originally posted by armando1065 View Post
                      I am in the same boat, I was with Lutea for a good few years and would like anyone to PM me and give me their views on the emails received from the accountancy firms. I have done some research and still not clear
                      Hi, I tried to PM you but I don't have access . I was with lutea too, and am getting emails.
                      Please can I have access to PM
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X