• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobo View Post
    Thanks Again

In some ways it's reassuring that I'm not alone on this but at the same time feel that this might be a very long journey.

Any additional advise from those who have gone through this process and "pulled through", would be greatly appreciated
    Unless you choose to accept HMRC's position, nobody has been through the process yet.

In my opinion (others are available) a negotiated position may need 3 to 4 years, a litigated position 5 to 7 years.

Either way, no guarantees of final outcome can be sensibly offered now.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      Unless you choose to accept HMRC's position, nobody has been through the process yet.

In my opinion (others are available) a negotiated position may need 3 to 4 years, a litigated position 5 to 7 years.

Either way, no guarantees of final outcome can be sensibly offered now.
      Guarantees someone of a nice little earner for a few years, though, hey.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
        Yes indeed.

Providers who are still around in their original form or who have passed their client list on to other firms, seem to be charging 4 figures for the first year and who knows what after that.

Those running JR campaigns (limited to APN) are charging between £250 and well into 4 figures, just to lodge an application. Who knows how much else if the case actually gets heard?

Members of litigation groups have paid 4 figures and again, may be paying more once a case actually gets to Court.

Those receiving personal enquiries about past tax returns can pay several hundred pounds an hour for professional firms and in many cases, that firm is using the time to get up to speed.

Very lucrative.

And yes, Big Group generates fees and my firm does personal enquiry work.

Big Group for a year, including joining fee, is £230 plus VAT = £276.

Enquiry work to include all necessary research and responses for 12 months varies but starts at £360 (VAT inclusive).

We are transparent in what we do, how we do it and how much it costs.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Can't see the minutes on BG forum

Minutes are on the BG forum.

Commentary to follow.
          Hello Graham - are these minutes up on the forum? I cannot see them, just the minutes from the face to face meeting are visible. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by energyonlineadmin View Post
            Hello Graham - are these minutes up on the forum? I cannot see them, just the minutes from the face to face meeting are visible. Thanks
            The minutes posted are those from the face to face we had with HMRC on November 11th.

We are about to (couple of hours) post some extracts from a conference call we had with HMRC last week.

We will also post a "what does this mean for the next steps" item probably this evening.

I'm also planning an end of year report and plan for 2016 for between Christmas and New Year.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
              I dare not try and calculate what the scheme providers and the affiliates earned in fees, and now they have the audacity to ask people to contribute for JR and help with enquiries.

It's an utter disgrace how these scheme providers have not been taken to task, many have no doubt become very wealthy, so it's rather disappointing to put it mildly that they now come up with excuses of costs of JR have dented legal funds.

If anyone would care to do the maths, there must be hundreds of millions taken over the years by these scheme providers.
              http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

The promoters are very much guilty.
                But HMRC are one million times more guilty.
                They were guilty years ago, of failure to move against scheme promoters and failure to give the slightest hint to clients.
                They are guilty today for going after said clients in the most vengeful, thuggish way possible.
                Don't forget that.
                However tempting it might be - don't misdirect your anger.
                HMRC want nothing more than clients and promoters to start fighting each other instead of resisting them in a united front.
                Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                  The promoters are very much guilty.
                  But HMRC are one million times more guilty.
                  They were guilty years ago, of failure to move against scheme promoters and failure to give the slightest hint to clients.
                  They are guilty today for going after said clients in the most vengeful, thuggish way possible.
                  Don't forget that.
                  However tempting it might be - don't misdirect your anger.
                  HMRC want nothing more than clients and promoters to start fighting each other instead of resisting them in a united front.
                  Could not agree more with your comments concerning HMRC guilt. But I have issues with promoters asking for funds off people when they have banked millions in fees.
                  http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Yes indeed.

Providers who are still around in their original form or who have passed their client list on to other firms, seem to be charging 4 figures for the first year and who knows what after that.

Those running JR campaigns (limited to APN) are charging between £250 and well into 4 figures, just to lodge an application. Who knows how much else if the case actually gets heard?

Members of litigation groups have paid 4 figures and again, may be paying more once a case actually gets to Court.

Those receiving personal enquiries about past tax returns can pay several hundred pounds an hour for professional firms and in many cases, that firm is using the time to get up to speed.

Very lucrative.

And yes, Big Group generates fees and my firm does personal enquiry work.

Big Group for a year, including joining fee, is £230 plus VAT = £276.

Enquiry work to include all necessary research and responses for 12 months varies but starts at £360 (VAT inclusive).

We are transparent in what we do, how we do it and how much it costs.
                    For anyone doubting webberg's intentions - he has always been open and honest on the forums (and elsewhere). Unlike many out there, he isn't a shady scheme provider who has now turned to offering assistance to people he previously helped "drop in the poo" unlike APN Rescue et al.

He has mine (and others) 100% trust in his professionalism and integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnieboy View Post
                      For anyone doubting webberg's intentions - he has always been open and honest on the forums (and elsewhere). Unlike many out there, he isn't a shady scheme provider who has now turned to offering assistance to people he previously helped "drop in the poo" unlike APN Rescue et al.

He has mine (and others) 100% trust in his professionalism and integrity.
                      I'll second that with bells on.

He has helped me immeasurably, not just with his professionalism and integrity, but with his humanity too.

Comment

Working...
                      X