• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTT Big Group
    Sorry, but you cannot register at this time because the administrator has disabled new account registrations.

Am I being a numpty, or should I have another glass of red and try later?

Comment

Originally posted by Boobetty View Post
      WTT Big Group
      Sorry, but you cannot register at this time because the administrator has disabled new account registrations.

Am I being a numpty, or should I have another glass of red and try later?
      You get the message if you try to register on the forum site.

go to the main website and get in from there.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by DeadDonkey View Post
        Paid on Monday but haven't received anything yet - is that normal?
        Have you sent your ID materials etc?

We have to vett you before you get a password etc

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post

I included a scan of an APN - is that enough?

Comment

Vetting

Originally posted by webberg View Post

Hi, I scanned a driving licence, but didn't see anywhere to post a copy of the APN on the registration form. Can you let me know the best way to get you that information.

Is that all you need for vetting purposes?

Cheers.
            Last edited by Phaedridge; 26 June 2015, 08:21. Reason: type

Comment

Originally posted by Phaedridge View Post
              Hi, I scanned a driving licence, but didn't see anywhere to post a copy of the APN on the registration form. Can you let me know the best way to get you that information.

Is that all you need for vetting purposes?

Cheers.
              PM please

(No, me neither).

Comment

big groip representation.

Hi,

I'm interested in joining. Obviously the success of this group depends on the numbers so say I join and also register interest with CLSO. Then the deadline for settling via CLSO passes in a few months time and I've had to pay the apns. What happens if BG doesn't the get the numbers and has to fold (obviously I hope not). Will Hmrc know that we were trying to agree settlement as part of BG so that penalties will unlikely apply ?

Apologies of this has already been asked but had a look and couldmt find it.

Thanks

Thanks
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jbeer View Post
                  Hi,

I'm interested in joining. Obviously the success of this group depends on the numbers so say I join and also register interest with CLSO. Then the deadline for settling via CLSO passes in a few months time and I've had to pay the apns. What happens if BG doesn't the get the numbers and has to fold (obviously I hope not). Will Hmrc know that we were trying to agree settlement as part of BG so that penalties will unlikely apply ?

Apologies of this has already been asked but had a look and couldmt find it.

Thanks

Thanks
                  Thanks
                  It's a good question.

Big Group has a defined plan. Part of that is to use the period between the end of the CLSO registration (30th June) and the next likely Tribunal decision (late 2016) to bring HMRC to the table to discuss alternative analysis.

HMRC is far more likely to listen to us and apply some priority if we bring numbers. Those numbers will make little or no (admitted) difference to the final analysis - which has to be based on legal principles - but they will get us face time.

Numbers also mean that we can mobilse a resource eating population which at the very least will slow the machine down.

Numbers mean that Big Group can engage both tax expertise (beyond that already available) and some of the legal, insolvency, political, PR and other people needed.

Lack of numbers means that progress will be slower, additional services will be later. We will continue to act for the members who have signed and will do everything possible to stay within the fee profile.

Unfortunately membership of BG or otherwise is unlikely to have any impact on whether a penalty is sought. (Obviously I'd like to say it would and obviously we will resist any such suggestion, but membership of BG, or being represented by any agent or being part of any group, will not have any significant effect).

I'm happy to share Armageddon scenarios with members of BG offline.

(No, me neither).

Comment

As a historical figure has said: "Quantity has a quality all its own"...
                    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                      As a historical figure has said: "Quantity has a quality all its own"...
                      If there is one reason alone to joining "Big Group" then it has to be having a louder voice...

Personally I think it's about covering all the bases, having a strategy for all eventualities. I am lucky that my scheme provider is still around and is dealing with HMRC, however "Big Group" is an alternative approach and for the small fee of £60 and £18 per month, I think it's a no-brainer....and remember ultimately all decisions to be made are down to the individual, but if I was to pay for advice on my own it would be thousands.
                      http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Working...
                      X