• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creativity View Post
    For the record I was not referring to the Big Group
    Fair enough

- which is very useful for those needing advice. Webberg is offering a good service from the sounds of it.
    Remember though, said service is not just about offering advice. It has a clear, long term strategy which can run in parallel with other ongoing fights such as CLSO/APN/JR's.
    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by bentley0632 View Post
      Fully signed up

Membership payment works fine but (I have emailed separately) for me the subscription bit through PP fails miserably. I tried 3 times and quit for now, maybe its because you need to authorise my membership?
      **BUMP**

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
        For the record I was not referring to the Big Group - which is very useful for those needing advice. Webberg is offering a good service from the sounds of it. I was more implying the services of other dis-concerning firms who will gladly charge huge one-off fees for doing practically nothing other than administration.
        For the record, I have had an exchange with Creativity and we are on the same page after a little confusion.

Make no mistake here everybody, your position, in the bluntest of terms is:

1. HMRC is stubborn, dogmatic, resourced and executing their political master's wishes
        2. Failure to accept the CLSO will reult in your needing to negotiate or litigate
        3. Negotiating on your own makes you easy prey
        4. Litigating is expensive and uncertain

If you believe that some advisers have taken your fees and not produced what they promised, you should raise that with them and follow their complaints procedure.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          For the record, I have had an exchange with Creativity and we are on the same page after a little confusion.

Make no mistake here everybody, your position, in the bluntest of terms is:

1. HMRC is stubborn, dogmatic, resourced and executing their political master's wishes
          2. Failure to accept the CLSO will reult in your needing to negotiate or litigate
          3. Negotiating on your own makes you easy prey
          4. Litigating is expensive and uncertain

If you believe that some advisers have taken your fees and not produced what they promised, you should raise that with them and follow their complaints procedure.
          what would happen if you paid an APN and the scheme never went to court in the next say 10 years? Is there a time limitation ? If so what happens to the money in dispute?

Comment

Most will never see the money again IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post
              what would happen if you paid an APN and the scheme never went to court in the next say 10 years? Is there a time limitation ? If so what happens to the money in dispute?
              There is no time limit.

More details in the BG forum

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
                Most will never see the money again IMO.
                Appreciate it's an opinion and as such cannot be wrong, but in my opinion, such action would be unlawful, contrary to our limited constitution and almost certainly actionable at EU level.

(No, me neither).

Comment

I'm in and have applied online.

Thanks for putting this together. Happy to support!

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                    Appreciate it's an opinion and as such cannot be wrong, but in my opinion, such action would be unlawful, contrary to our limited constitution and almost certainly actionable at EU level.
                    Surely not in the "if the scheme never went to court" scenario?
                    That's what I personally think will happen. HMRC issuing APNs, collecting the bulk of the tax "due", publicizing it everywhere, and not pushing for litigation of schemes that have no one left with money to defend them anyway.
                    What matters is GETTING THE MONEY INTO THE COFFERS, not establishing who's right or wrong.
                    So I predict once the bulk of APN money is in, things will be left in limbo forever.
                    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                      Surely not in the "if the scheme never went to court" scenario?
                      That's what I personally think will happen. HMRC issuing APNs, collecting the bulk of the tax "due", publicizing it everywhere, and not pushing for litigation of schemes that have no one left with money to defend them anyway.
                      What matters is GETTING THE MONEY INTO THE COFFERS, not establishing who's right or wrong.
                      So I predict once the bulk of APN money is in, things will be left in limbo forever.
                      I think that can't happen.

Happy to discuss.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X