• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Judicial Review of APN has been requested ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilikins1 View Post
    If they f&&k my life up and then it s proven they re wrong they will need a United Nations binding resolution to get me off their back. Newspapers, the LOT
    Whilst I'm in complete agreement with you I'd be interested to hear which newspapers you think are not in cahoots with this whole campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by steveb555 View Post
      Whilst I'm in complete agreement with you I'd be interested to hear which newspapers you think are not in cahoots with this whole campaign.
      The editor has two stories:

Big celebrity name who makes money from his readers and who deliberately chooses to not pay tax on it, or

A person nobody has heard of who fell victim to a big Government agency and suffered a personal tragedy.

Which do you run?

Probably both but guess which is front page and which is a lonely paragraph on page 21 next to the ad for hearing aids?

One of the few advantages of joining a group is in collecting the stories of several hundred "nobodies" and punting them via every public and social media platform that can be found. HMRC (and Government) is largely immune from such stories in terms of compensation and indifferent to the bad publicity but eventually if enough stories emerge perhaps an MP on a committee might spot an opportunity for 15 minutes of fame and get Lin Homer to issue an apology and perhaps a policy review.

Don't hold your breath thinking that this will result in thousands having tax bills reduced or written off.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        The editor has two stories:

Big celebrity name who makes money from his readers and who deliberately chooses to not pay tax on it, or

A person nobody has heard of who fell victim to a big Government agency and suffered a personal tragedy.

Which do you run?
        Can't argue with your reasoning at all. I completely agree there's more sales to be achieved by attacking celebrities.
        I also think the population would be interested in the details surrounding the accrued wealth of some of our highly placed politicians.....but our editor may be dissuaded from running those stories.
        There may be the odd sacrificial lamb but I suspect they are chosen to give the impression that politicians are also being targeted.

Comment

Working...
        X