• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiries: Bedouin/Redstone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cactus 2, you have my sympathy because this is an issue that is not going to disappear anytime soon. There are some coping strategies.

First, the person you were when you were sucked into a scheme is not the person you are now. You are now older and hopefully wiser and can view the position with some detachment. Do so.

Second, chances are that you were sold the scheme by a slick and commission hungry salesman who cared little for you or your circumstances. You are not the first, not the only and will not be the last to be taken in by the unscrupulous and sometimes perhaps borderline illegal tactics.

Third, you were doing what thousands of others did. You did nothing unusual and you are not unique.

Fourth, HMRC has made a complete mess of the enquiry process and has in some instances acted outside the law and outside their remit. As their tactics become more desperate, they are resorting to 20 year retrospection and the like. This is not your doing and unless you join a group, there is little that you can do about this personally.

Last, there is now a deadline - 5th April 2019. By that date almost all the outstanding issues should be clear or at least defined and you will know where you stand and the uncertainty will lessen.

Anxiety is created and feeds upon a fear of the unknown. Read these pages. Speak to professionals (most will give you some free time). Arm yourself with knowledge. If you wish to, join a group. Take positive action and don't be a passive victim which is what HMRC want you to be.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hi everyone, my husband is in the same situation as all of you, I'm struggling as his wife to deal with the uncertainty of everything, we have a 2 year old little boy, and I'm pregnant with our second baby on the way so I'm trying to take measures to gather information rather than get upset.

So far HMRC have requested bank statements/ tax returns ect and we haven't heard anything in 4 months.

My husband was with Redstone ect for 6 years so we're expecting the worst.

I've been told we won't receive an APN? Is this a good thing? Will we have to pay regardless?

We are going to join Big Group this week, but does this mean we will settle?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Fowden View Post
        Hi everyone, my husband is in the same situation as all of you, I'm struggling as his wife to deal with the uncertainty of everything, we have a 2 year old little boy, and I'm pregnant with our second baby on the way so I'm trying to take measures to gather information rather than get upset.

So far HMRC have requested bank statements/ tax returns ect and we haven't heard anything in 4 months.

My husband was with Redstone ect for 6 years so we're expecting the worst.

I've been told we won't receive an APN? Is this a good thing? Will we have to pay regardless?

We are going to join Big Group this week, but does this mean we will settle?

Thanks in advance!
        If you have joined BG - email me.

If not yet joined - PM me.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

HMRC Assessment letter - Redstone/Bedouin

I was with Bedouin for 9 months in 2013 and have now received a letter from HMRC. Has anyone reached out to Redstone and had a response from them? If so, do you have an email address or better still la phone number that I can use to contact them? All help gratefully received as like some others - the stress is a nightmare!

Comment

Hi, I'm having the same issues with red stone/Bedouin in 2015. What is the bg group?

Comment

Yet another one...

I was with them for 2 years... just got through a letter querying my 2013 tax return

Very interested in BG... any details???

Comment

Originally posted by keithinessex View Post
                I was with them for 2 years... just got through a letter querying my 2013 tax return

Very interested in BG... any details???
                https://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/
                STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
                  Thanks... have just fired off my application to join

Comment

Hi,

Did anyone else notice that the "loan statment" has a repayment day? Do they have any ability/right to try and get repayment for the "loans"?

Comment

Loan charge Bedouin redstone.

Originally posted by rdcrezz View Post
                      Hi,

Did anyone else notice that the "loan statment" has a repayment day? Do they have any ability/right to try and get repayment for the "loans"?
                      Hi all

So what are the updates on this. The legislation has expressed that 3rd party loans are out of scope from 2010 to 2016 if no investigation and if you fully disclosed.

Last time I spoke to redstone via email they advised me that the scheme I was on with Bedouin was not 3rd party and intact a direct loan therefore the loan charge is out of scope. However this doesnt remove the fact HMRC still calculate I owe them for years 2010 - 2013.

I called HMRC today and told them them that I was not paid via a trust or 3rd party and if they still think I'm in scope that I would fall in to the category that no enquiry or investigation was made and that I have been fully cooperating with them and that both myself and HMRC have agreed to suspend until further notice. This whole loan charge though seems to have got me caught up in it. Anyone else in the same boat ?

Comment

Working...
                      X