• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor loans settlement offer - what are people doing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor loans settlement offer - what are people doing?

I've been caught up on this contractor loans affair as I worked for a company in the Isle of Man that actually provided this service. A stipulation of the contract was that I had to use their payment system. It's not as if I used them to avoid tax but obviously I regret it now .

I just wanted to find out what other people affected by this are doing. Are you taking up the offer or going to continue fighting it?

I've seen a few companies advertise their services and one I contacted said they could save me a lot of tax as one of the DA letters were invalid but would charge 30% of the money saved to write a few letters . Also wondered if they could actually do so.

Any info from other people affected by this would be great. Thanks.

Hi there,

Is the company you used still operating? If so, they would be your first port of call. I know not all of them are still going but it's worth finding out and getting in touch with them to start with.

Comment

As ads says speak to the company if they are still around as the first port of call.

Also maybe try to find if a group has been formed here for your company/scheme provider.

Either way I would seek independent legal advice on your own situation rather than rely on what your scheme provider says if they are still around.

I'd be a bit dubious about any company saying they can kill off these discovery assessments If they're offering no win no fee then maybe but I was fed that line by my scheme provider for a long long time, and unfortunately the reality is a lot different.

Comment

Working...
      X