• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What an APN looks like

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dezze View Post
    Is it possible to pay an APN with a Credit Card?
    Sorry if been asked before (searched but couldn't find). I haven't received an APN as yet, so don't know the possible payment methods....
    No.
    Electronic transfer or cheque.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Possibly not the best place, but FYI:
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...n-90-days.html
      Last edited by jamesbrown; 20 September 2015, 09:36.

Comment

I still haven't received an APN and I haven't received a letter to say that I should receive one, should I be worried?

I have received all the other correspondence and a CLSO but no APN.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
          I still haven't received an APN and I haven't received a letter to say that I should receive one, should I be worried?

You should be grateful.

An APN is not automatic.

Comment

Check your HMRC account for any "outstanding" amounts. they may have allegedly posted it but it never reached you.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Dont go looking for an APN, you really don't want one.
              Also if HMRC have sent you one, you will certainly know about it at some point as they will start to hassle you in the hope you might pay up.
              Fight back - Join the Big Group Campaign

Comment

Originally posted by carling View Post
                Dont go looking for an APN, you really don't want one.
                Also if HMRC have sent you one, you will certainly know about it at some point as they will start to hassle you in the hope you might pay up.
                Don't put your head in the sand.

Knowing you have a liability and expecting the consequences are bad enough.

Only realising you have a liability at the last minute is not going to help.

You can check your online account in a few seconds.
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                  Don't put your head in the sand.

Knowing you have a liability and expecting the consequences are bad enough.

Only realising you have a liability at the last minute is not going to help.

You can check your online account in a few seconds.
                  I sort of agree, however my APN's are all too real. I don't feel I'm putting my head in the sand for not chasing HMRC and potentially triggering more of the same.
                  Also when do the APN's appear online, is it from when they are issued or when they are due ? I've not seen any online yet, but I definitely have plenty.
                  Last edited by carling; 20 April 2016, 17:51.
                  Fight back - Join the Big Group Campaign

Comment

Not sure what you mean by checking online. Do you mean your Self Assessment online? If that's the case, can you tell me where the APN amount should appear, as I can't see anything for my APN?

Comment

I don't believe you can see your APN's online, but you can see if you have a DA assessment against you.
                      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Working...
                      X