• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying back what you haven't got.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vern19 View Post
    I do suspect you get a little thrill out of other peoples misfortune. It is very apparent
    You may choose to think so. I couldn't possibly comment.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Paying back what you haven't got.

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      You may choose to think so. I couldn't possibly comment.
      Says it all really....<mod note. wink removed>

Comment

Anyone planning to take a loan and settle is playing in the hands of HMRC. If you promoter is no longer available then get a group made of people in your scheme and hire someone to represent the group. Even if FTT costs £400K, you only need 400 member to pay £1000 each. Definitely it depends on taking good advise and ensuring that your scheme was not run as a sham. It should be doing what it said at the time to DOTAS registration in practice.

My plan is
        1) I will try and pay each APN but will not settle. Payment on account is fine.
        2) Promoter is going to FTT. From what I have read until now (not being a lawyer but could be wrong) I think my promoter has a high chance of winning. Ranger decision and previous EBT decisions go a long way in giving more confidence. After FTT we will say what HMRC does. It will need approval from Tribunal to hold on to our money else will have to refund.

Comment

All response are welcome. I don't think there's any advantage to settling until you get a final correct bill so I'm waiting for that. It may not come for another couple of years by which time I'll be in a better position.

The earlier they bill me the less chance they have.

I'm finding the whole end game quite refreshing. It's like having a school bully continually threatening to get you after school. Eventually you just call him out to get it over and done with and you've built it up in your mind so much that he can't hit as hard as your worst fears anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by varunksingh View Post
            Anyone planning to take a loan and settle is playing in the hands of HMRC. If you promoter is no longer available then get a group made of people in your scheme and hire someone to represent the group. Even if FTT costs £400K, you only need 400 member to pay £1000 each. Definitely it depends on taking good advise and ensuring that your scheme was not run as a sham. It should be doing what it said at the time to DOTAS registration in practice.

My plan is
            1) I will try and pay each APN but will not settle. Payment on account is fine.
            2) Promoter is going to FTT. From what I have read until now (not being a lawyer but could be wrong) I think my promoter has a high chance of winning. Ranger decision and previous EBT decisions go a long way in giving more confidence. After FTT we will say what HMRC does. It will need approval from Tribunal to hold on to our money else will have to refund.
            Presuming said group wins, what do you think will happen to others who are not part of said group? Is there a 'reverse follower notice' that one can apply to HMRC ie. the same scheme won at FTT hence all other scheme members should be refunded their APNs.

Comment

Originally posted by jn3 View Post
              Presuming said group wins, what do you think will happen to others who are not part of said group? Is there a 'reverse follower notice' that one can apply to HMRC ie. the same scheme won at FTT hence all other scheme members should be refunded their APNs.
              I would expect that if you are paying APN's and the scheme went to court and won, all APN's would be refunded, even if your not part of the funded group.

If you settle that would be an different matter, once settled then no refund would be returned.
              Question is why would you settle if you have to pay the APN which in theory would be the same amount for settlement.

The only reason I would settle is on favourable terms for myself. But what is favourable terms if you settle on tax which is currently not owed.

Due to the Rangers case which was poorly implemented, and to date, HMRC have not won any court cases on EBTs via use of loans.

I would rather pay £1000 towards an fighting fund and have the possibility of having MY MONEY returned, than settle for the same amount.
              What do you have to lose. You have already paid via APN's, so realistacally your in a win,win although its costing an £1000, but you may get all your money back

Comment

You don't half talk some bollocks. PCG forums aren't closed, they're members only and I didn't say anything on there I haven't also said on here (actually I said very little on there since s58 didn't apparently touch any PCG members and all you contributed was yet more pointless complaining rather than trying to get help. Go figure). That was four years ago and I dropped out of the discussion about then when it was clear you were all only going to listen to yourselves and nobody else so there was not point trying. Some of us have moved on.

And not that I give a damn anyway what you think but FWIW I see the same blind optimism in this thread as well. You guys need to deal with the reality, not whinge about how unfair it all is. It is f***ing unfair, and should never have been allowed but it has. Deal with it..
                Pleased you admit to having had a good laugh it the expense of people committing suicide.

All your comments were trolling - nothing constructive - so why listen to them?

I see no optimism in this thread atall. Thats be honnest - we have lost every round.

We are dealing with it - via NTRT which is now out only hope. Well, there is a better way. NVDA. But the members are too spineless and gutless for that - and in that respect I have no sympathy with those affected.

Personally I am preparing for bankruptcy. If I top myself I will take out many from HMRC along the way. Have a good laugh at that too.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Pleased you admit to having had a good laugh it the expense of people committing suicide.
                  I suggest you either justify or remove that comment which is both untrue and deeply insulting.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I suggest you either justify or remove that comment which is both untrue and deeply insulting.
                    Your comments on these threads make me believe you deserve all you get

Comment

I suggest that everyone steps away from their keyboards.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X