• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£11K locked in old permie job pension. Is there a way of ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: £11K locked in old permie job pension. Is there a way of

yes there are always people in life who find it easier to blame others for their predicament

proper planning and preparation Rodders !

you only have yourself to blame for any situation you find yourself in

now, get off your backside and sort your life out and get into .Net

Milan.

Comment

Well said, Benes. As long as you read the small print, it quite clearly said "under current rules* forget any possibility of getting hold of your money until you're 50. In return, we'll give you tax relief on your contributions"

* please note, rules can, and do, change.

Comment

official pension schemes (from government or private sources, insurance companies and such) are a SCAM
        dotn expect one penny when the UK state will go bankrupt in 2030 (as forecast by serious institutes like Gartner)
        this is a good thing to know

the best thing to do is to build your own pension scheme (or buy a house)

Comment

It appears that conscensus about legal options is what I said in 1st place. Over 50s can officially retire and draw money from some schemes (actually put money in and draw out same year plus tax refund - it's a little known scam) but for you younger sorts, no legal options.

That only leaves illegal options. I am sure there must be some. Why is there not an alternative investment industry? I would really like to invest my dosh sensibly in growth industries like cocaine smuggling, prostitution and termination services. At very least, an unethical ISA in rainforest logging or chimpanzee laundering.

Comment

as an it contractor, you must be accointed with the illegal trade in chimapanzees :lol

Comment

Working...
            X