• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed - London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I work in Paddington. Does this mean we'll get warmer weather there when you start?
    I think it's certainly very possible that you'll get more hot air... HTH

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I always stay somewhere within easy reach of a terminus Tube station. You're guaranteed to get a seat for the commute in the morning, and accommodation's cheaper further out. Then in the evening head to a pub near ClientCo for dinner and miss the rush hour going back
      That is pretty much how I've managed to live here for over 10 years, apart from a stint where I lived in zone 1 and could walk anywhere I wanted to go in 45 minutes or so.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I always stay somewhere within easy reach of a terminus Tube station. You're guaranteed to get a seat for the commute in the morning, and accommodation's cheaper further out. Then in the evening head to a pub near ClientCo for dinner and miss the rush hour going back
        Or get a bike and cycle. Cheaper, at least as fast as public transport and better for you. Also far more interesting that being squashed on a tube with someone smelly armpit next to your face.
        Last edited by DaveB; 1 May 2014, 07:55.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Or get a bike and cycle. Cheaper, at least as fast as public transport and better for you. Also far more interesting that being squashed on a tube with someone smelly armpit next to your face.
          I'd rather be squashed on the tube than squashed on the road.

Comment

Rent in Slough - it's only 15 minutes to Paddington.

SLOUGH | iLiveHere - Britain's worst places to live

"If the Earth ever requires an enema, Slough is undoubtedly where the tube will be inserted.... " etc.

Comment

Working...
            X