• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

(Un)boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Un)boomed

Last day at current ClientCo today after 22 months. Have decided I need a new challenge so (plus the 24 month rule) have turned down the extension and am going to take a few months off to accomplish things i have neglected over that last 2 years, starting with a week in Val D'Isere on Sunday.

Clear a space on that bench as I can't wait to sit down.

I think if I was (Un)boomed I would head to a beach.

In fact you have got me thinking, maybe I should head off. I was planning on buying a house in Ireland, I called the agent, he told me 300 had been to see the house this week. Property fever is back in Ireland again. This may not end well
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      I think if I was (Un)boomed I would head to a beach.

In fact you have got me thinking, maybe I should head off. I was planning on buying a house in Ireland, I called the agent, he told me 300 had been to see the house this week. Property fever is back in Ireland again. This may not end well
      Hope so, the flat we bought in 2005 in Dublin would be lucky to sell for half what we paid (moved back home in 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
        Provisional space reserved, bring back a decent bottle of wine to secure booking

Have great break.
        If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          Hope so, the flat we bought in 2005 in Dublin would be lucky to sell for half what we paid (moved back home in 2007)
          House prices have started to recover, not sure about apartment yet. Everyone is waiting for NAMA to off-load their stock. It could be another 10 years before apartment prices recover, sorry.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
            Last day at current ClientCo today after 22 months. Have decided I need a new challenge so (plus the 24 month rule) have turned down the extension and am going to take a few months off to accomplish things i have neglected over that last 2 years, starting with a week in Val D'Isere on Sunday.

+1

My 29 month gig finishes on 28th Feb and I'm booked into St Anton on 2nd March

Comment

Pulling the trigger on an annoying and typically retarded client is not Un-boomed in my opinion its simply an act of common sense

In fact my current client has reduced me to "Oh? You say its broken and you don't understand? **** You! Pay me and come back when you are ready to listen!" after only 4 months with a two week holiday in the middle

I am sure you will have a great time and there will be plenty on the go in the next few weeks.

Comment

Working...
              X