• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help!! Mortgage Probs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!! Mortgage Probs

OK guys, here's the low down

I started contracting in November (with Parasol and switched to GiantGroup in March).

I would appear that nobody is willing to give me a mortgage of 90% as I have less than a years contracting experience!!!

I am really finding the whole system very discriminating against the self employed (including those who, like myself, have NEVER been out of work!!!!)

any suggestions or stories of past experience much appreciated.

brave move

So you want to buy house _now_? No wonder nobody is willing to give morgage of 90%!!!!

Comment

Re: brave move

Oh Dear. A disguised employee wants a mortgage eh? I think the government should BAN mortgages. And contractors. And disguised employees (oh they already have with something called IR35).

Comment

very little choice

dude

it's a case of current house sold and contracts exchanged, house we were buying has fallen through!! which means finding a new house and mortgage to go with it!! and finding a house with stables for horses and room for children, dogs, cats etc is a lot harder than it seems!!!

Comment

Re: very little choice

90% mortgage,

you must sleep well !

Milan.

Comment

guys,

if youre gonna take the pi$$, don't bother! this was a serious question!

Comment

dont take it badly corn pone, the b@stards take the p1ss out of everyone.
              Most contactors that I know dont have a mortgage, they work like **** for a few years then buy a place. Hence the p1ss - take.

Comment

serious questions require serious people

> this was a serious question!

You should have directed your question to threaded then.

fiddleabout.

Comment

Re: serious questions require serious people

"I started contracting in November" && "have NEVER been out of work!!!!" = silly question = silly answers

You may never have been out of work, but that doesn't mean anything as you've only been contracting (self-emplyed) for 6 months and thats the bit the banks care about. Should have applied before you went freelance.

Comment

Re: serious questions require serious people

"it's a case of current house sold and contracts exchanged, house we were buying has fallen through!! which means finding a new house and mortgage to go with it!! and finding a house with stables for horses and room for children, dogs, cats etc ",

it all sounds very 'eau jolly hockey sticks, right ho!'

and all financed on the never never

nice !

as the right honorable gentleman pointed out, a contractor shouldn't need a mortgage and certainly not a 90% one

are you sure you are not related to Rosie Millard ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X