• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2013 Bad year for Global warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Bad year for Global warming

Lawrence Solomon: For global warming believers, 2013 was the year from Hell | Financial Post

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-29-year.html
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

A better term for these phenomena would be Global Temperature Fluctuations.

They go up and down, as they have throughout history.

Comment

And now it's global COOLING! Return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 29% in a year

shrieks the Mail. Let's put that 'recovery' in context ...

I'd say describing that as the 'return' of the ice cap just a wee bit of an exaggeration ...
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

2014 as well as I've just bought one of these for each room in my mansion (32 to be precise):

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

and here's some more on that supposedly record hot November:

HadCRUT4 is From Venus, GISS is From Mars (Now Includes November Data) | Watts Up With That?

The warmists are really getting desparate when the only thing they have to point to is one data set that is completely different from all the other data sets because it extrapolates a reading from a thermometer next to heating pipe over huge swathe of Russia.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

From BB's (absurd) link ...

For GISS, the slope is flat since September 2001 or 12 years, 3 months.
            From BB Saturday:

Just to recap....the temperature trend has been flat for 17 years and continues to be flat. This is confirned by the GISS temps.
            And BB Friday :

Temperatures haven't risen for 20 years,
            Let's hope 2014 brings an increase in accuracy and consistency in the argument. BIDI.

Happy Sol Invictus.
            Last edited by pjclarke; 23 December 2013, 12:38.
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

The catastrophists are well known for producing a spaghetti of papers that prove everything is due to CO2 and to humans.
              Whatever happens, hot, cold, drought, floods, more tornados , less tornados, more bush fires, less bush fires, more mosquitos , less mosquitos, lions roaming in England, Polar bears roaming England, more snow, less snow

there will be a paper to support it.

now BB has highlighted two diametrically opposed temperature records for this year.

which one to believe ? which ever one fits their argument of the moment, i guess
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                From BB's (absurd) link ...

From BB Saturday:

And BB Friday :

Let's hope 2014 brings an increase in accuracy and consistency in the argument. BIDI.

Happy Sol Invictus.
                You too
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  The catastrophists are well known for producing a spaghetti of papers that prove everything is due to CO2 and to humans.
                  Whatever happens, hot, cold, drought, floods, more tornados , less tornados, more bush fires, less bush fires, more mosquitos , less mosquitos, lions roaming in England, Polar bears roaming England, more snow, less snow

there will be a paper to support it.

now BB has highlighted two diametrically opposed temperature records for this year.

which one to believe ? which ever one fits their argument of the moment, i guess
                  This is very much like choosing a religion isn't it!

It all depends on what type of statue you want your money spent on...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    This is very much like choosing a religion isn't it!

It all depends on what type of statue you want your money spent on...
                    This one's good for the warmists! Even looks a little sexy if you stare at it long enough!

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X