• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor till I die - last invoice now posted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will of course talk to my accountant and other advisers. I won't be wasting any more time working, I might spin up a bit of extra cash if it's easy but at this stage I have better things to do with my time.

It was really a point of pride, that aside from a year or so after uni I've been a contractor till the end.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      it's worth thinking about tax years - there's a new one four months down the line, so might be worth thinking about whether you can start the wheels in motion now but use next year's tax allowance too - you don't want that bastard Hector getting more than he absolutely has to!
      Since you can pass unlimited amounts to your spouse without inheritance tax and up to £325k (I think) to direct relatives, passing the entire company and letting them bleed it dry could be the most efficient approach (maybe) BUT it might be the last thing someone wants to inherit a company and have to figure out WTF to do with it.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        This is a problem for another day, Shirley?
        No. I sort out the tulip out now and enjoy my last month's or years as stress free as possible. Same as an IT project, always try and tackle the stuff that will bite you head on and ASAP rather than hiding it under the rug.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I will of course talk to my accountant and other advisers. I won't be wasting any more time working, I might spin up a bit of extra cash if it's easy but at this stage I have better things to do with my time.

It was really a point of pride, that aside from a year or so after uni I've been a contractor till the end.
          How old are you doody?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            How old are you doody?

Comment

No. I sort out the tulip out now and enjoy my last month's or years as stress free as possible. Same as an IT project, always try and tackle the stuff that will bite you head on and ASAP rather than hiding it under the rug.
              Definitely this ^.

The last thing you want your heirs to deal with are probate courts and lawyers.

Comment

Blimey. that is rough.

Be positive, I know its difficult but the more positive you are the longer you seem to last.

Some of my relatives have lasted 7 years+ with a 6 month prognosis.

Plan to do everything you can now. Your travel insurance costs will be stupid but do it anyway. The whole of the EU is your Oyster with the EU health card. See Rome, Paris, Venice, Barcelona, Amsterdam etc. Most of these you can do on cruises or short flights that can be managed even if you find travelling tiring. In a few years time you might notice you are still going.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just make sure hector doesn't get any money, otherwise spend it or give it away and hope you prove to be wrong for once
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Just so you know I was mis-diagnosed once so there's always hope!
                    Have you passed your gene-pool to someone, if not at 39 I'd say is not too late...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Oh shyte I've put my foot in it again

I have decided to fine myself £10, paid to Macmillans:

Thank you for your donation of £10.
                      With your support, you are helping to make sure no one has to face cancer alone.

You will be sent a confirmation email shortly.
                      I recommend others donate too, at:

Cancer charity donation - Donate to Macmillan Cancer Support

Doodab I would recommend fighting this bitch of a disease. But equally important: Beers and hookers sir
                      Last edited by KentPhilip; 16 December 2013, 19:14.

Comment

Working...
                      X