• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keylogger Software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keylogger Software

Is there any safe keylogger software? I want to keep track of a teenagers activities, they've eventually sussed that they need to clear browser history, not tick the remember me on this machine box, that firefox will display all saved passwords, that their skype chat history is browsable.

In the past, just starting to type a search and seeing the suggestions has prompted me to investigate further,so have chats left on the screen. They took my old windows phone when I upgraded and didn't reset it, so all their linked accounts were posting updates on my new phone.

Trouble with keyloggers is that I don't trust them to not collect all my bank details etc. and upload them. Are there any reputable ones?

Should you be wanting to monitor all your _teenagers'_ activities? It isn't as if they're 10 or something.

Anyway, if they think you're snooping on a shared PC, what is to stop them getting their own laptops?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Should you be wanting to monitor all your _teenagers'_ activities? It isn't as if they're 10 or something.

Anyway, if they think you're snooping on a shared PC, what is to stop them getting their own laptops?
      I take it you haven't got children then. But how about Daniel Perry as an example.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I have a good one running on Admin's PC at the moment but can't remember the name of it.

Keylogging is fine line for the teenagers though. It's like checking someones text. Can be taken way out of context and cause an issue where there isn't one really. They will be talking about a load of stuff that a parent shouldn't really hear and is part of growing up but there is the balance to keep them safe. We are in the same situation but have opted for K9 web security, no communication devices upstairs in bedrooms and just catch them out not logging off FB or cleaning internet once in awhile. Caught a couple of issues we had had to deal with without seeing the full extent of the crap teenagers probably talk about so seems to be ok for the moment.

My other half chatted to her friends and other parents at school and it is a bit shocking how many people do absolutely nothing to monitor online usage. I would say nearly all of the mothers don't do anything even though they know the dangers.

EDIT : Oh to add we also make them read all the articles of teenagers getting in to trouble on the web. FB house parties, the recent story about how many meet strangers online, the online bullying stories. Try and show them that there is fall out from it as a preventative measure.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No they are not which is exactly why (IMHO) you need to take more of an interest. Monitoring is the keyword for me though, not reading every line of every chat.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
            Is there any safe keylogger software? I want to keep track of a teenagers activities, they've eventually sussed that they need to clear browser history, not tick the remember me on this machine box, that firefox will display all saved passwords, that their skype chat history is browsable.

In the past, just starting to type a search and seeing the suggestions has prompted me to investigate further,so have chats left on the screen. They took my old windows phone when I upgraded and didn't reset it, so all their linked accounts were posting updates on my new phone.

Trouble with keyloggers is that I don't trust them to not collect all my bank details etc. and upload them. Are there any reputable ones?
            Buy a raspberry pi and set it up as a proxy. Grab all DNS requests etc via wireshark...

Comment

It's monitoring or blocking private access. Unfortunately with smart phones and 3G you can't block them completely, so it's better to monitor discreetly. When you see signs of smoking, drug abuse/dealing, alcohol abuse, underage sex, sexting, organising gang activity, financial threats and talk of taking a sword out trick or treating (all of which sounds much worse than it really is) then you need to be on top of the situation. From the messages I've seen this is prevalant within his peer group and an accepted part of teenage life.

Comment

It's monitoring or blocking private access. Unfortunately with smart phones and 3G you can't block them completely, so it's better to monitor discreetly. When you see signs of smoking, drug abuse/dealing, alcohol abuse, underage sex, sexting, organising gang activity, financial threats and talk of taking a sword out trick or treating (all of which sounds much worse than it really is) then you need to be on top of the situation. From the messages I've seen this is prevalant within his peer group and an accepted part of teenage life.
                Some of those are and can't be stopped but have to be managed. Others are downright wrong and have to be hit hard. It's bloody tough managing teenagers and the internet nowadays.. Snapchat is a bloody pain as well. Tell them you can still get the pictures back of it by rooting the phone... that stopped ours using it!

Comment

Is this your child or someone else's?

Comment

oh this is interesting because it seems to imply that us lot who grew up in the 70's 80's andf 90's could do anything we wanted because we did not have computers and therefore our parents would have no idea what we were doing because they could not install some tracking software on us.

Fact is your kids will do what the hell they want within the boubndaries you have set them when they are younger...

stop snooping and start parenting

Comment

Working...
                    X