• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: They're planning more meddling...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: permie

According to your profile, your last post was on (9/20/04 9:06 am) apart from the latest 2. HTH

Comment

spot the....

^
      |
      |
      |

anorak !

hello Mike how are you, been out with the caravan lately ?

Milan.

Comment

Re: teoma

Ok, so it's probable that the market will avoid the business that charges way over the odds
        To be more precise, if the market doesn't avoid it, then by definition it is not charging over the odds.

Comment

I am not Spod

Quote:
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Don't buy
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a flippant answer Spod and you know it !

I'm sure you are well aware that some services are considered to be essential, like water and electricity. Not buying these services is an almost impossible option for 99.99% of the population.
          No, it isn't. The real answer is just a bit longer, but the principle is the same.

The market price is set by how much all potential sellers are prepared to sell for, and how much all potential buyers are prepared to buy for. That's why the price of necessities wouldn't become astronomical: you can always go to other sellers.

Of course, if the government doesn't allow that, you're faced with a racket. Can't help you there.

But if you can choose suppliers, then the price you pay is not way over the odds: if it were, some other seller would pop up with a better price.

And few things are necessities. Water is, but tap water is not. Electricity is not. Entertainment tickets certainly are not: you cannot be held to ransom over them. Just don't buy them if the price is too high.

Comment

Re: No Touting

Has nobody else realised that this is EXACTLY what the official sellers want so they can INCREASE the prices they get !!!!!

Once the scumverment has made tickets individual - tied to ID so that nasty, evil touts can't make money from them look then look out for the "closer to the day, higher the price" pricing model coming straight in entertainment tickets.

Comment

That's a flippant answer Spod and you know it !

I'm sure you are well aware that some services are considered to be essential, like water and electricity. Not buying these services is an almost impossible option for 99.99% of the population.
              Don't blame me matey, I didn't post that, it was EXPAT!

Comment

tickets individual - tied to ID
                Ah, I knew ID cards were good for something!

Comment

Listen, comrades, market price controls in the only way to go in New Labour's one party police state (corporate slogan: "If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear). This ticketing thing is just a pilot scheme for the inevitable day when we're all flipping burgers, stacking shelves, cutting hair and can no longer afford to pay the market rate for any of the products produced offshore in China.

We will all have a happiness quota as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X