• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mumsnet creaks under the strain of ‘penis beaker’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did 'we' do this already?

Mumsnet creaks under the strain of ‘penis beaker’ - Telegraph

After a bizarre discussion about one couple's post coital cleaning ritual, the site struggled to cope with the onslaught of traffic.

According to Justine Roberts, the chief executive and co-founder of Mumsnet, the site’s traffic has more than doubled since the post went up last night.

“On a daily basis we get about 300,000 visits to the site and at the moment it's looking like today's traffic will be more than double that. Frankly our poor old servers are beginning to creak as the thread goes viral,” she explained.

“Mumsnet is a go-to destination for straight answers when you need to ask life's important but often embarrassing questions. And a recurring theme is "is this normal behaviour?" Obviously it can be a bit of a blow to find out that it's not.”

“We have a dedicated post-sex cleanup area on the bedside table. A box of tissues, a small bin, and a beaker of clean water for temporary cleaning/dunking while the bathroom is occupied by me.

“Apparently our penis beaker is strange and not the done thing.”

Another mum quickly replied: "No. We have a normal bedside table. With books and a lamp. Not a sex clean-up bit!"

The post immediately went viral and quickly became a popular discussion on Twitter, with people expressing their confusion about the thread using the hashtag #penisbeaker.

Another person replying to Crewe’s thread wrote: “Next time he [your partner] goes down the pub and his mates all cover their pint glasses with beer mats, you'll know why.”
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty
    Message to all the people obsessing over that thread:

GET A LIFE !!!
    Or a beaker?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty
      If they're going to get a Penis Beaker, perhaps they should also get some

Anus wet wipes
      That's just silly.

Comment

A couple I know keep a cum sponge by the bed.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          A couple I know keep a cum sponge by the bed.
          My husband keeps a microfiche reader on his bedside table.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            My husband keeps a microfiche reader on his bedside table.
            Pure filth.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I find that a TV in the bedroom solves the problem
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
              X