• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Futurelearn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a very loud young lady at the next table to I learnt all about Futurelearn and MOOCS (Never heard of MOOCS? Neither had I.)

She worked for the OU apparently.

FutureLearn Moocs unveiled | News | Times Higher Education

Massive open online course - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Introduction | MOOCs |

FutureLearn Launches First Batch Of 20 Free Courses As It Chases Coursera, Et Al. | TechCrunch
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      So how much is anybody going to actually learn? It can only be telling people exactly what to type.

This was featured on R2 the other evening, but they didn't say what kind of level courses they were offering. Talking about the OU connection, and US universities doing distance learning made it sound like an alternative way of doing a degree, which obviously it isn't. It's an alternative to a council run evening class, but without getting out of the house and meeting new people, which is probably the main reason people do council run evening classes.
      How many people go on from council run evening courses to degree courses?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X