• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Day 2 and nothing to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 and nothing to do

Would I be unreasonable to say to the client that I'll be more than happy to forgo any payment and go and sit on the beach for the next few days until they sort out a login and give me some work to do?

Really, they were adamant I had to start Monday ... Spending all day sat with your head in a health and safety manual is absolute torture.....

Are you sure you're really cut out to be a contractor?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Are you the person who lives in Yeovil?

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

He is. It really does explain everything doesn't it.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Yes

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Life is just too short to be sat around doing f all. They wouldnt let me start the following week and now I've started after having bent over backwards to get myself ready for a Monday start and they've got no wirk for me

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            +1

The art of being a contractor is to find some work to do, at least learn about their system FFS.
            I will Neg rep you for being so stupid.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It's happening to me, been at client co 6 weeks now and only now is the work filtering through.

JUST. KEEP. INVOICING.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                JUST. KEEP. INVOICING.
                WQS
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Park your breakfast
                  Fill in your timesheet
                  Walk around office with a piece of paper in your hand
                  Go for a coffee
                  Surf the mapped drives for "interesting" stuff
                  Go for a walk at lunchtime (get a haircut)
                  Come back and go for a coffee
                  Ride the escalator (if there's one)
                  Do the crossword
                  Go for a coffee and hey presto it's time to go home!
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

Whoever you are reporting to probably knows there is nothing for you to do (they are an idiot if not), so say you are going to read up on the system documentation. Find yourself a decent ebook, and sit back and relax for a few days, your day will fly by and whoever you are reporting to will be happy as you look busy.

Comment

Working...
                    X