• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just booked my apartment for the week of September 18th 2014

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    But what if you were still there and corporation tax is reduced to 0%. You'd be quids in.
    Would I? With my company based in the UK I would be able to claim 0% Corporation Tax as I would generating the income in Scotland?

And with 0% corporation tax and the planned welfare state in Scotland I think anything I gained in one hand would soon disappear out of the other in other taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      Would I? With my company based in the UK I would be able to claim 0% Corporation Tax as I would generating the income in Scotland?

And with 0% corporation tax and the planned welfare state in Scotland I think anything I gained in one hand would soon disappear out of the other in other taxes.
      If operating in Scotland you'd have to register a new Ltd company in Scotland, like some Scotland companies register a head office in London.

Popular debate at the minute is to reduce corporation tax so that companies have more cash on their books to spend on development.

SNP's corporation tax plan is cause for concern, think-tank poll shows
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I think that article mirrors my major concern at the moment - there just isn't enough information (other than conjecture from the two sides) on the shape of a new Scotland to make an informed decision. It's all very well for Salmond to say what he wants, and for the "No" side to say that won't fly, but no-one knows what would actually be agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          I think that article mirrors my major concern at the moment - there just isn't enough information (other than conjecture from the two sides) on the shape of a new Scotland to make an informed decision. It's all very well for Salmond to say what he wants, and for the "No" side to say that won't fly, but no-one knows what would actually be agreed.
          Agreed, there's not enough information.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've pre-paid for a fleet of 'Go home or face arrest Jocko' Home Office style advertising vans. They'll be driving around London on 19 September 2014 if the vote is positive.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
              I've pre-paid for a fleet of 'Go home or face arrest Jocko' Home Office style advertising vans. They'll be driving around London on 19 September 2014 if the vote is positive.
              Well an independent scotland will not initially be a member of the EU so we should be able to send the lot of them back immediately asap.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
              X