• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just booked my apartment for the week of September 18th 2014

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    do you really think Scotland will vote for independence. You're even more deluded then I thought.
    I think the national London based press is doing an excellent job of keeping the debate out of the media.

I'm excited about the change that'll follow, regardless of yes or no.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It is not going to happen, full stop. Nobody with half a brain thinks it will.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        It is not going to happen, full stop. Nobody with half a brain thinks it will.
        What's with all the negative waves? You've been living away from home for too long.

As Oddball would say "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves. Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I think the national London based press is doing an excellent job of keeping the debate out of the media.

I'm excited about the change that'll follow, regardless of yes or no.
          As a Scot living in London, down here we don't give a tulip. For the sake of those back home, I hope they're not stupid enough to vote for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            As a Scot living in London, down here we don't give a tulip. For the sake of those back home, I hope they're not stupid enough to vote for it.
            I'm hoping they do just for the entertainment value
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              Most people living in the South don't give a tulip, and it might be news to a few, but most up north don't give a tulip that those down south don't give a tulip. Basically it's all tulip.

I think the vote is less and less about what country a person is from, and more and more to do with how crap the parties in Westminster represent people across the country. People living in Scotland see an opportunity for chance, and I'll think they'll grab it.

Of my recent visits I see a growing left majority, compared to the very right Westminster. I've met plenty of non-Scots living in Scotland (ironic they have a vote and I don't despite generations of my family living there) and they're 'yes' in general and it's nothing to do with what the SNP are saying, but everything to do with the crap choice of parties in Westminster to represent people living in Scotland with matters that concern them.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I'm hoping they do just for the entertainment value
                That's why I booked my apartment before someone else did, it's going to be a cracker of a party!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Of my recent visits I see a growing left majority, compared to the very right Westminster. I've met plenty of non-Scots living in Scotland (ironic they have a vote and I don't despite generations of my family living there) and they're 'yes' in general and it's nothing to do with what the SNP are saying, but everything to do with the crap choice of parties in Westminster to represent people living in Scotland with matters that concern them.
                  Shock news! The Scots, relying on high public sector employment, are to the left politically.

I'm currently a non-Scot living in Scotland and I've now shifted to the view that I hope the vote is a yes, as long as it doesn't cost the rest of the UK a disproportionate amount, and that Scotland is not allowed to rejoin the UK when it all goes tits up. I used to be of the opinion that the Scots shouldn't be allowed to leave, now I say get rid of them and don't let them back.

Comment

The impression I get from Scots friends on facebook (who may or may not be representative of the larger population) is that a fair number will be voting for independence. I don't think anything's certain at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                      Shock news! The Scots, relying on high public sector employment, are to the left politically.

I'm currently a non-Scot living in Scotland and I've now shifted to the view that I hope the vote is a yes, as long as it doesn't cost the rest of the UK a disproportionate amount, and that Scotland is not allowed to rejoin the UK when it all goes tits up. I used to be of the opinion that the Scots shouldn't be allowed to leave, now I say get rid of them and don't let them back.
                      Are you going to vote "Yes" though?

All the people I know in Scotland are like yourself and most think the vote is amusing.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X