• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    No, I do believe that you invaded my neck of the woods

Yes geographically I am an Essex girl, no I don’t dance around my handbag, no I don’t own any white stilettos, no I do not consider a bus stop shelter as contraception, I do not own casual sports-wear, I am not orange, I do not go clubbing in Bas-Vegas, Romford or Brentwood, yes I do drive a Golf but it’s an estate so that’s all right & I do not have a chav accent, now that’s out of the way.. pleased to meet you.
    Intense

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
      Intense
      Quite possibly,

you don’t want to know the number of times that I have had to explain the difference between living in & being of the same perceived culture of an area
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Quite possibly,

you don’t want to know the number of times that I have had to explain the difference between living in & being of the same perceived culture of an area
        Quite; as a rough northerner living in east londan I like to keep expectations low ...

Comment

Nice of you to ask.

Tonight: I'm on the mainland this weekend and so will do some bar hopping this evening.
          Sat: Bit of sightseeing and walking for miles to blow off the hangover.
          Sat night: GOTO Tonight
          Sun: GOTO Sat

You?

Comment

Quite possibly,

I have the same problem, as soon as you venture away from the South East and mention to people you are from Essex, 9 times out of 10 the first thing people reference it TOWIE. I have taken to saying I am from "near London" or just say Chelmsford hoping they don't know where it is.

Comment

No, I do believe that you invaded my neck of the woods

Yes geographically I am an Essex girl, no I don’t dance around my handbag, no I don’t own any white stilettos, no I do not consider a bus stop shelter as contraception, I do not own casual sports-wear, I am not orange, I do not go clubbing in Bas-Vegas, Romford or Brentwood, yes I do drive a Golf but it’s an estate so that’s all right & I do not have a chav accent, now that’s out of the way.. pleased to meet you.
              You missed cheap anklets off the list.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                I have the same problem, as soon as you venture away from the South East and mention to people you are from Essex, 9 times out of 10 the first thing people reference it TOWIE. I have taken to saying I am from "near London" or just say Chelmsford hoping they don't know where it is.
                I know where chelmsford is and would argue that its not Essex in the way Towie and Southend are.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I know where chelmsford is and would argue that its not Essex in the way Towie and Southend are.
                  Unfortunately it is heading that way. Young girls are seeing the Towie culture as something to aspire to and not see the character for the oxygen-thieves they really are.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    thanks for asking

hopefully football tonight if the weather clears up.
                    Tomorrow going to mrs 5* brothers wedding and the inconsiderate bastard has done it on the first day of the new season.
                    Sky Go is your friend. Just don't let the missus see

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                      Unfortunately it is heading that way. Young girls are seeing the Towie culture as something to aspire to and not see the character for the oxygen-thieves they really are.
                      Yes - they all head into Liverpool St Station and Canary Wharf wearing next to nothing trying to bag bankers

Comment

Working...
                      X