• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feckin' Debt Relief for Africa!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why?

Because gordon and tony have such pig ugly wives the only way they can get hard-ons is by p1ssing away our cash on right PC black causes.

Debt relief = jumped up bannana republic dictor needs a new jet

If it were just cash sir bob 'mad as a hatter' geldoff would have solved this problem 20 years ago.

Nice to see gb and tb p1ss our money away, I think i'd have preferred lower taxes!!!!

Comment

I did see a yank Bush apologist on the TV news last night mention that over the last 20 years the US had donated x trillion dollars to Africa but that no adequate analysis had been made on how that money had been spent. Not a "caring" comment no doubt, but a very valid one.

One of the few occasions I would agree with the Bush camp. No point throwing money at Africa out of guilt. It has to be carefully targetted and monitored to make sure it acheives at least an acceptable proportion of the intended benefit.

Where I certainly do not agree with the Bush camp, ie the US Christian right. Without pressure for population control any money donated is largely wasted, more money=more mouths to feed=more need for money.

Comment

I have a limited understanding of the 3rd world and limited patience.

If there is limited food and disease, why do they have so many children......even animals and birds know how to restrict their numbers to suit the territory and available food.

....bit of a hopeless cause IMO......unfortunately

Comment

reason

> why do they have so many children......even animals and birds
          > know how to restrict their numbers to suit the territory and available food.

High ratio of AIDS and lots of children is in many respects due to Catholic Church's activities that do not allow for abortions and condoms.

Comment

Re: reason

Quite agree atW. RC church, Christian right generally - plague upon the world. The much maligned Islam is quite harmless by comparison.

Comment

Re: Not just the church

why do they have so many children
              Because they have high infant mortality and no social security system - few of their children survive to maturity, but those that do will provide for them in old age - we used to do it in this country.

Comment

snaw, the reason why you are a propeller head is because you have little or no understanding of human nature. Very few people do things unless there is a reason for them to do it that affects THEM. Few people have statemanlike "qualities" (it is arguable that statesmanlike is a quality). People are driven by self interest; greed, envy whatever. I hope you understand that "self interest" manifest itself in many many different ways, not just a desire for material world.
                There you go again with the assumptions. I'm in IT, therefore I must be a propeller head?

I manage people and I understand tha in order to manage them one has to appeal to their self interest (not always money) in a way that makes their interests the same as your interests.
                And yet more assumptions. I've managed a team, successfully, for a major bank for a number of years before I contracted.

You see snaw in your case you have totally given up contesting my points.
                And assumptions once again.

You for some reason think of self interest as money... I never said anything of the sort.
                You implied it in the post I replied too; guilty RICH stars with vast amounts of wealth heaping their guilt on the rest of us. Sorry, did I miss some deeper meaning to your assumptions on their motives?

You have resorted to abuse.
                Umm, not that I can see, unless you take critisism as abuse. Abuse would be something completely different if I was dishing it out.

Best way I can put it DA, I'm pretty sure that if I went for a beer with most of the posters on this board, even the ones whose politics I don't agree with, we'd still have a laugh, talk crap for a while and not take it all too seriously. I'm pretty certain I'd walk away from meeting you thinking you were a patronising, arrogant bellend.

You see your politics I can get past, I've good mates who're more extreme than you. It's your absolute failure to comprehend that in actual fact you don't know everything about what drives other people, or why they believe what they believe. You don't have a feckin clue but you keep assuming, time and again, that you are right when it comes to other people's views, based on nothing else but your firm belief in your own infallability.

Comment

There you go again with the assumptions. I'm in IT, therefore I must be a propeller head?

Comment

I'm pretty certain I'd walk away from meeting you thinking you were a patronising, arrogant bellend.
                    You might be surprised...

Comment

"There you go again with the assumptions. I'm in IT, therefore I must be a propeller head?"

The brightest people in IT are the ones trying to find a way out...

Comment

Working...
                      X