• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right, so I'm sitting here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, so I'm sitting here

Indoors again cos of the midges. Where I'm sitting has a mirror directly in front of me with the sun highlighting every part of my head in great detail.

I have two long hairs growing out of the top of my right ear, this isn't the usual ear hair some people are afflicted with that grows in clumps from yer earhole but on the top edge.

Can't get a grip to pull them out but more concerning why hasn't anybody mentioned this to me, I look like a sort of lopsided Dobby? Can't see them when shaving and no real advice on t'internet on dealing with hirsute outer ear issues. Somebody somewhere must find this funny (likely everybody I meet in public, I wondered why the sniggering lately), but nobody points it out.

What would you do if a friend was ignorant about an unsightly body issue?
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Indoors again cos of the midges. Where I'm sitting has a mirror directly in front of me with the sun highlighting every part of my head in great detail.

I have two long hairs growing out of the top of my right ear, this isn't the usual ear hair some people are afflicted with that grows in clumps from yer earhole but on the top edge.

Can't get a grip to pull them out but more concerning why hasn't anybody mentioned this to me, I look like a sort of lopsided Dobby? Can't see them when shaving and no real advice on t'internet on dealing with hirsute outer ear issues. Somebody somewhere must find this funny (likely everybody I meet in public, I wondered why the sniggering lately), but nobody points it out.

My lovely tiny baby had a thick black hair growing out the top of his ear. On his Christening day, I pulled it out with tweezers. It never grew back, but left a crater which I spent the next ten years squeezing pus out of. He still has the crater, but no longer allows me to squeeze his ear (not a good idea now he's bigger than me) so I've no idea what alien life forms are growing in there. So stick with the hair - it's better than having your mum squeeze your ear for ten years.

Comment

Could you plait them?
      Only asking!

Comment

Have you invented a transporter and accidentally got into it with a midgey?

Is there a midgey around strumming a banjo?

If there is, make a great movie...

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
          Could you plait them?
          Only asking!
          Wrong vertical orientation and would still be a bit lopsided, still a good suggestion
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            My lovely tiny baby had a thick black hair growing out the top of his ear. On his Christening day, I pulled it out with tweezers. It never grew back, but left a crater which I spent the next ten years squeezing pus out of. He still has the crater, but no longer allows me to squeeze his ear (not a good idea now he's bigger than me) so I've no idea what alien life forms are growing in there. So stick with the hair - it's better than having your mum squeeze your ear for ten years.
            Originally posted by stek View Post
            Have you invented a transporter and accidentally got into it with a midgey?

Is there a midgey around strumming a banjo?

If there is, make a great movie...
            I got radical with the hair clippers.

If I got into a transporter and did the midge thing I'd be sucking more blood than Dodgy (just).
            Me, me, me...

Comment

I got radical with the hair clippers.

If I got into a transporter and did the midge thing I'd be sucking more blood than Dodgy (just).
              Oh Vienna - Not Midge Ure? This is serious, you must be quite literally Dancing with Tears in Your Eyes...

Comment

Oh Vienna - Not Midge Ure? This is serious, you must be quite literally Dancing with Tears in Your Eyes...
                Actually I did join a band with what was left of Ultravox and worked with Midge, a lovely guy all around.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

This means nothing to me........

No really! This means nothing to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
                    This means nothing to me........

No really! This means nothing to me!
                    Only in General, ear hair to 80's pop band...

Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X